Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage - For Arcade and Retro Stuff

Options
  • 21-02-2019 10:28am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive been looking into trying to get a storage unit or something to put some stuff in recently, but they are mad expensive. Im out of room in the house for cabs\pins at the minute, but am dreading the day something pops up i want but i have no where to put it!

Im planning on moving in a few years, but until then id love to have some storage to put things in but for me the price is ridiculous in the ones ive looked at. Does anyone have any storage recommendations that are reasonable and secure etc ? Im down in Kildare but in dublin a lot so anywhere along that route id be looking at. Just wondering if any of you guys have storage?

Comments

fold up two pinball and put your mattress on it :D

move house is the only option.
    Even if you find storage you wont be able to use them.
    Hopefully my new place works out and I'll be able to mind one or two for ya :D
    I'll be a bit closer to you too if it does 20mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Yup, storage problems/property prices/rent prices!

Having the exact same problems myself. Managed to get a few into the house, maybe get a couple more in. After that its a real question mark.

Tomorrow I'll be making my last stop in a couple places to see if im taking anything. Its going to be a huge list of stuff, and in one way im hoping for some genuine gems, and in another way im hoping there wont be anything worthwhile because of storage problems. Got in contact with a friend who has storage, but its way out of the way and im not mad about that idea.

Solutions? Like me, look into friends and see if they have room, or else look outside Dublin and its hinterland altogether for something cheaper, that's about it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive a ton of stuff even outside of Arcade and Retro like 80s toys, a VHS collection that is currently in my parents attic (my current crazy idea is to recreate an 80s\90s video shop eventually in the new house), id love to have a cheap place to store stuff. but i guess everyone would haha

The move for me is still a few years off unfortunately so just trying to find some options until then, I need a house where i can build a big extension or shed, but its not an option right now.

No problem with you storing pins for me if i ever did get another, they would probably come back working better than when they left!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had a storage lockup around sanyford for 2-3 years, was super handy. Think it was 120 a month?

They're called Southside Storage. You get a container lockup in an alarmed warehouse.

beejee wrote: »
    Solutions? Like me, look into friends and see if they have room, or else look outside Dublin and its hinterland altogether for something cheaper, that's about it!

Ive seen some lads out here offering containers as storage in kildare, but im not too sure i fancy leaving all my stuff in one, could get damp or even if the lad running a place like that vanishes how do i get my stuff back. Plus again they arent cheap either!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I had a storage lockup around sanyford for 2-3 years, was super handy. Think it was 120 a month?

They're called Southside Storage. You get a container lockup in an alarmed warehouse.

That sounds great, but for me thats too expensive, i know its probably the going rate and worth it, but when you are trying to get into a position to move while paying for a family of 5 thats a bit much for me.

I guess what im saying is do any of you want to let me store everything for free in your house, or if you have happen to have your own storage I can use. haha ;)

Yeah 120 ish a month seems to be the going rate everywhere I'm afraid for containers.

All going well I'll be in contact over the weekend to make your headache 100 times worse :p

Hopefully someone else can sort you out for storage :)

haha cool, I know a few people with sheds. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I’d a storage locker in ustoreit, was cheap enough, €80/month I think, you’ve to be really good at Tetris to get the most out of the storage. I think you’d get 6-8cabs in that space, you could actually setup a few cabs in one too if you wanted to.
    They often do deals like 1st month free, the smallest one looks tiny but you’d still get a couple machines in if you’re smart and as a bonus they’ll insure your stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Yup, storage problems/property prices/rent prices!

Tomorrow I'll be making my last stop in a couple places to see if im taking anything.

Did you contact the Waterford arcade beejee? lots of cabs going up slowly on Donedeal. Sega Rally 2 and Sega Touring car this week.

• Advertisement

Did you contact the Waterford arcade beejee? lots of cabs going up slowly on Donedeal. Sega Rally 2 and Sega Touring car this week.

Nope, I'm this close to packing it all in with hunting them down. I'll finish what I started, then that's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Nope, I'm this close to packing it all in with hunting them down. I'll finish what I started, then that's that!

keep going beejee :D You could also chase down the Palmerstown Superbowl in Dublin that recently closed. A fair few cabs there that might be had.

I say a lot of old cabs were dumped when the old Belgard Inn/Coco's was demolished a few months ago in Dublin (lots of cabs in the snooker hall in the basement) but maybe someone on the building site would know what happened to them.

keep going beejee :D You could also chase down the Palmerstown Superbowl in Dublin that recently closed. A fair few cabs there that might be had.

I say a lot of old cabs were dumped when the old Belgard Inn/Coco's was demolished a few months ago in Dublin (lots of cabs in the snooker hall in the basement) but maybe someone on the building site would know what happened to them.

That's an interesting one!

But im nearing the end, getting there slowly but surely, may be a couple of gems incoming. Agus sin e sin ansin :)

Advertisement