Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the 65 to Ballyknockan

Options
  • 06-10-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi, all. I heard the 65 that goes to Ballyknockan is a good route to go on (it is a scenic route etc.). How long would the 05:30 departure from Poolbeg St. take to get to Ballyknockan. Also, is there anything to do in Ballyknockan or any places to go there? The bus out of there is at 19:30! I appreciate any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The giveaway answer to your question is to look at the times of the two buses back from Ballyknockan. ;-)

Seriously though, it's a nice trip but leave it until the summer when it's bright.

Just go on the 17:30 out and come back on the same bus at 19:30.

Taking the 05:30 and spending 12 hours in Ballyknockan wouldn't be realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Have you done the Ballymore run yet theres a few more buses than the Ballyknockan run

It could take 1 to 1.5 hours to get to blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Thanks for the responses. Which place is the best to go to? I heard the Ballyknockan run is good but what about Blessington and Ballymore? Is there a pub/restaurant in Ballymore or Ballyknockan?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thanks for the responses. Which place is the best to go to? I heard the Ballyknockan run is good but what about Blessington and Ballymore? Is there a pub/restaurant in Ballymore or Ballyknockan?

Ballymore Eustace is an actual town while Ballyknockan has a pub (Or maybe even two.). You are unlikely to have a chance to even look around you as the bus literally stops, turns around at the terminus and departs once it's time to return into the city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement