Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon road bikes, any good?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes I have one and a number of lads on here do too. (all drop bar models I think)
    Great bikes, the only problem some people have is trying to figure out size as there is no shop where you can see one before you buy.
    I used their frame size calculator and it worked for me. If you have a bike already comparing the geometry can help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've also had a few Canyon's in the past and still have one in my in laws, great value for money, a few parts are apparently non standard so you might have complications but generally should be ok.

I'd question the choice of that particular bike depending on what you want to use it for. If you have any intention of going on longer spins I'd definitely suggest the Endurace series

apparently non standard so you might have complications but generally should be ok.

Yes I wish they wouldn't use non standard parts but many companies are doing that now. I needed new headset bearings and there were one or two sites online selling them but at €60 a pair it was awful value. I contacted Canyon UK and quoted my order number. They sold me a set for €18 inc VAT.
    So at least they offer good service when you do need parts that are difficult to get elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 murphmm

Thanks, I have a flat bar aluminium Ridgeback Genesis and think I prefer that setup. Would do the odd sportif and leisure cycling so no interest in competing in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

murphmm wrote: »
    Thanks, I have a flat bar aluminium Ridgeback Genesis and think I prefer that setup. Would do the odd sportif and leisure cycling so no interest in competing in anything.

If you're riding in a bunch drops are arguably safer, thus flats are banned in lots of clubs. Just something to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

That bike looks weird with flat bars. Why flat bars with a fairly aggressive riding position? It seems like a perfectly good road bike with weird handlebars?

On the other hand ultegra and carbon is pretty good deal at the price I think. And disc brakes as well make it an excellent deal I think. Just a pity about the bars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

I have two canyons, one of which is the slightly lower spec’d version of that bike (CF 7.0, with 105 groupset) from last year.

I absolutely love it. Use it as a commuter. Was a long time considering it, given I’d ridden drop bars for ages but I do prefer the slightly more upright position for commuting through town. I recently took it on a longer weekend spin (~78km) and it was actually fine for that too.

Buying experience was great both times. The roadlite actually got reduced from €1599 to €1299 the day after I put the order in, but a quick chat to support resulted in them refunding the difference to my credit card.

If you’re happy with the spec, and flat bars as opposed to drops, i’d be all over it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Just bought my first road bike. Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 . Found Canyon very easy to deal with from invoicing for bike to work , queries through chat , advice on bike options and delivered 3 weeks earlier than outlined initially , easy to finish assembly on delivery with tools and instructions. Typical German efficiency and attention to detail. Much the same with the bike itself , simple but sleek design with quality components and a real feeling that your effort is translated to output in as efficient a manner as possible . also the seatpost and saddle design is unreal . I’m thinking of returning bib shorts I had just ordered as the cheap ones I have were fine on a 110 k ride Sunday !

The Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 is a lot of bike for the money(€2,200), 7KG, ultegra, comfortable, fast.

Advertisement