Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Thread 30/10 (Usyk-Chisora, Santa Cruz-Davis, Inoue-Maloney, Munguia-Johnson)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Really is fascinating being able to hear the corners between rounds. One plus out of all this Covid nonsense.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Really is fascinating being able to hear the corners between rounds. One plus out of all this Covid nonsense.

Ain't it just - would be great to have it as an interactive option on streams going forward - choose the corner you want to listen in on!!

Comfortable for McCarthy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Ain't it just - would be great to have it as an interactive option on streams going forward - choose the corner you want to listen in on!!

Comfortable for McCarthy now.

Still waiting for a mute commentary button. They say it would be great for soccer but it would be great for some of these Sky cards!

Coneygree wrote: »
    Still waiting for a mute commentary button. They say it would be great for soccer but it would be great for some of these Sky cards!

I tend to mute it myself alot of the time - the sky crew are far too biased for my liking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Both gas tanks nearing empty now. Strangely entertaining fight.

• Advertisement

MCcarthy eating a few in this round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

McCarthy hasn’t looked right since he went for the finish that wasn’t there. He’s taking some big hits the last 2 rounds and is somewhat hanging in there.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    McCarthy hasn’t looked right since he went for the finish that wasn’t there. He’s taking some big hits the last 2 rounds and is somewhat hanging in there.

Lagoune certainly finishing the stronger - this is by no means in the bag for McCarthy yet!

I have McCarthy up by 1 round going into the last - how have others got it scored?

Enjoyable fight - 117-115 for McCarthy for me.

115-113 McCarthy for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

7-5 McCarthy!

All in agreement then (a rare moment on these here forums :-) - McCarthy by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Gassiev fight on yet ?

Johnny reckons that he’s found his ceiling and I tend to agree. There’s nothing elite about him and he seems to be a bad trainer and his stamina is poor. Well done tonight that’s a big achievement but he’s bang average

yabadabado wrote: »
    Gassiev fight on yet ?

Ring walks on now

Johnny reckons that he’s found his ceiling and I tend to agree. There’s nothing elite about him and he seems to be a bad trainer and his stamina is poor. Well done tonight that’s a big achievement but he’s bang average

Yeah think that's fair. European title a great achievement for him

Yeah - hard to disagree really - he's really going to have to step up as he goes onto world level opponents - taking the foot off the gas like he did tonight on that level will have him found out very quickly.

Yes. Very soft title that...

Tommy is domestic level really..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

MaCarthy could get a bit fitter easily enough and it would improve him. He needs to improve to make a step up. Tonight was my first time watching him so I may be talking out of my hat, there may be circumstances at play but if he fought for a world title running out of steam and needing a recharge after every exchange he wouldnt get close.

This is for a vacant World title now...

How, who knows..

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Ring walks on now

Is that fight on tv?

walshb wrote: »
    This is for a vacant World title now...

How, who knows..

Titles for EVERYONE

Is that fight on tv?

DM'ed you a link

Gassiev fight over.

KO1.

Gassiev fight over.

KO1.

No surprise..

Opponent muck!

Thanks for the link. I threw a few quid on KO round 2. Suppose it was far enough away. I like Gassiev

Yeah nothing to read into that fight but do think Gassiev can be a problem at heavyweight. Huge puncher and plenty in the division won't be able to take his pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Ring walks on now

Got the link to it.Massive mismatch .

10/11 within 6 was very generous .

Best thing about this and some other women’s fights? 2 minute rounds!

• Advertisement

Yeah nothing to read into that fight but do think Gassiev can be a problem at heavyweight. Huge puncher and plenty in the division won't be able to take his pressure.

I think you massively overrate him..

Advertisement