Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who pays for the annual service charge for bins?

Options
  • 19-01-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

I just want to know who should pay for this Annual Service charge for the bins (w/ DCC)? The Landlord or the tenant? Do you have to discuss this with your landlord or is it expected one or the other has to pay it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Normally the tenant if DCC. If you don't pay you don't get the service.

If it's bins provided by management company, normally the landlord because this debt attaches to the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

My landlords have always paid it, but I don't think there are any rules about it. I think you just need to ask before you sign the lease and make sure it's documented either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I don't see it as being any different to phone/internet/electricity/water/oil/gas to be honest and tenant should pay. Unless it is covered under a management agreement such as in apartment complexes. In that instance the the bins may be part of the overall management fee. The landlord would pay that and presumably the rent rate being proposed by the Landlord would be mindful of that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It's very clear the user pays with the exception of appartments where the charge is bundled in the managment charge. Yes there are rules and that is them

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Ok thank you for your replies.

Well okay the amount is around 100€ for the year and i would only be hear till may, so would it be fair to say to Landlord I would only pay for around 41€ (5months) of this charge?

I will obviously be speaking to the landlord before we may for this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

xaoifsx wrote: »
    Ok thank you for your replies.

Well okay the amount is around 100€ for the year and i would only be hear till may, so would it be fair to say to Landlord I would only pay for around 41€ (5months) of this charge?

I will obviously be speaking to the landlord before we may for this..

Bins are your responsibility, not landlords. Would you expect him to pay the line rental on a phone if you got one for your 5month stay?

You of course can propose your idea to the landlord. It is neither fair or unfair. The landlord can say yes or no or propose an alternative. Either way he is well within his rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

In most lease agreements it states that the tenant is responsible to discharge the refuse bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Last year I paid the standing charge with Fingal CC for my tenants as they didn't move in until March. I had paid for 6 months initially and decided to pay the second installment too. I won't be paying it this year though.

Advertisement