Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Alkers wrote: »
    Another Q, with the aereco system, what is the benefit of having a centrally ducted system as opposed to a fan unit (can easily be humidity controlled) in each wet room/kitchen?

From my perspective, it's a very expensive, well balanced centrifugal fan that consumes little power. It's very quiet too. So, energy & noise.

Also, it has inline filtration which is easy to service (rather than dismantling a conventional jack fan to pull out the human dust that accrues between the blades)

I am, however, coming to the conclusion that maybe central extract may not be the best overall solution. It pulls in air from outside each room with an inlet. I have noticed lately more and more neighbours with solid fuel due to this configuration...maybe it would be better in a retrofit situation to positively pressurise the house, and filter on the inlet for that reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

For me, it massively add to the cost, labour and disruption of an install (I am talking retrofit here).

We have gone with the Aereco EHT units for all inlets but hone with stand-alone humidity controlled extractors in wet rooms: https://www.greentherm.ie/product/intellivent-intelligient-extract-technology/

Had a bit of an argument with the BER assessor, who wouldn't give any credit for the demand controlled ventilation system without the Aereco central extractor. He seemed to think that it communicated with the wall vents and not realise that they are purely mechanical devices with no electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Alkers wrote: »
    For me, it massively add to the cost, labour and disruption of an install (I am talking retrofit here).

We have gone with the Aereco EHT units for all inlets but hone with stand-alone humidity controlled extractors in wet rooms: https://www.greentherm.ie/product/intellivent-intelligient-extract-technology/

Had a bit of an argument with the BER assessor, who wouldn't give any credit for the demand controlled ventilation system without the Aereco central extractor. He seemed to think that it communicated with the wall vents and not realise that they are purely mechanical devices with no electronics.

What you describe is a config I specified before, but never got it built. Any feedback on how it worked out? I had in mind the Vent Axia Lo Carbon SELV for this application. It is quite clearly a demand controlled system...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

Dardania wrote: »
    What you describe is a config I specified before, but never got it built. Any feedback on how it worked out? I had in mind the Vent Axia Lo Carbon SELV for this application. It is quite clearly a demand controlled system...

Seems to work great but have nothing really to measure it against or haven't taken any humidity readings etc.

Vents were all newly cored as previously there was only trickle vents in the windows which were replaced. New doors, windows, ewi, improved attic insulation all went in about the same time. Previously I think I would have had insufficient ventilation (although little airtightness), both should be significantly improved now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Resurrecting this thread again,

ive bought a new house, G rated BER, I’m going to install insulated plasterboard internally, with that I’ll likely need to upgrade those old vents in the bedrooms and living rooms, is Aereco something that could be used here? I don’t particularly want to run duct work, just looking for a straightforward cost effective solution.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement