Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading advertisisng 2/5 of guarannte require registration?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

"False advertising"

Whatever happened to the concept of a simple error... ?

Nothing to do with the manufacturer, it's Curry's website so any comments to them and they'll just say 'Whoops, our mistake". Besides, looking at the page you linked, the warranty/guarantee terms for the other machine you were thinking of buying do state the (allegedly) correct terms - why would a manufacturer offer different terms for essentially the same thing?

Perhaps your research was not as in-depth as you thought - just pack it up and send it back
    Because it is in fact false advertising even if "simple error" was the cause.

I can't really explain to you in detail why manufacturers offer very different terms for different products. But the fact is: they do: 5-years, 10 years, Miele used to give a 20-year guarantee without any registration.

It appears that LG actually doesn't. But I didn't know that. I never bought anything from LG before. And I spend most of the time researching the product: quality of tech and just relied on the listing for info on guarantee.

And I find it despicable that I am being blamed for that!

Mistake or not, normal person should understand who is at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

theteal wrote: »
    Anybody else not know the difference between the guarantee and onwards registration guarantee?
    I provided a link to that difference, in my OP, that you didn't bother reading.
    And I have repeatedly explained why this difference makes a difference, to me.

And I have adjusted my tone. Because I don't like mobbing.

I am absolutely amazed by this mentality. If you can't help, why do you post?
    What is wrong with you people?

It's sunny outside. Go for a walk!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dybbuk wrote: »
    I know this forum. Last time I logged in here was 7 years ago. Nothing seems to have changed. Very unhealthy community of opinionated, lonely, aggressive - let me guess: around 85% men? few foreigners? chip on a shoulder. etc

Clearly you don't understand in-thread warnings either. Thread closed. Do not attempt to recreate it. Another 7 years away from this forum might not be a bad idea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement