Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tricity Bendix WDR 1040w not doing full spin cycle

• 06-11-2020 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi all. Our Tricity Bendix WDR 1040w is washing clothes just fine and emptying after but it's not completing a proper spin cycle. We can select the short or long spin cycles and it will begin them, albeit slowly, and never kicks into the full high rpm's as it should. Does a few cycles and then the program finishes. Have checked filter, it's clean and not finding anything in the users guide or online. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If it will spin at full spin speed when empty then what is happening is the out of balance sensor is kicking in. This can happen for a number of reasons, when loading put in each garment individually, also check that the machine is dead steady on the floor, also this can happen with a small load in the drum, some machines are more sensitive so fill it up if this is the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

If it will spin at full spin speed when empty then what is happening is the out of balance sensor is kicking in. This can happen for a number of reasons, when loading put in each garment individually, also check that the machine is dead steady on the floor, also this can happen with a small load in the drum, some machines are more sensitive so fill it up if this is the cause.

Aye, checked that and it's the same with a full / reduced / balanced load and also without a load unfortunately.

As said, the wash drains fine, there's no water left in the drum, and I reckon I'm hearing the machine attempt to drain at the beginning of the spin cycle as the drain gurgles like with a normal dump. Could a partial drain blockage result in the majority of the water draining away from the drum but enough left somewhere in the system to cause the spin to not fully kick in?

Have done a bit more reading and seems that if it's not a drain issue and not a load issue then maybe the pressure system is blocked. If so it seems this makes the machine think there's water still in it, hence not spinning up properly and ending the cycle quite early. Looks like a bit of a job to get in and find the pressure switch, hose and pressure chamber to disconnect and check for a blockage however and I'd hate to do anything wrong as the pressure system also controls wash water level etc :(

The pressure is not the culprit, if you think it’s a blockage remove the filter to make sure machine is completely empty and set it again to spin while drum is empty if it still fails to spin going by your fault description most likely faulty part is the pcb, if it then spins you will need to check the complete drainage system ie hoses pump etc to find what is causing the failure to empty completely

The pressure is not the culprit, if you think it’s a blockage remove the filter to make sure machine is completely empty and set it again to spin while drum is empty if it still fails to spin going by your fault description most likely faulty part is the pcb, if it then spins you will need to check the complete drainage system ie hoses pump etc to find what is causing the failure to empty completely

I've checked the 'coin' filter at the front and it's clean. Is there another filter inside somewhere? I've also set it to spin with an empty drum and it acts in exactly the same manner - starts the cycle, does a few slow rotations but never picks up to the high rpm's and then ends.

I found this thread (albeit possibly different culprit to my situation) which led me here: http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/washing-machine-not-spinning/ hence me suspecting the pressure system as I can pretty much rule the other two out. The description in that section is accurate to the symptoms - It will do the slow turning at the beginning where it distributes the laundry, pump out the water, but then after a few minutes just stop.

I can’t offer any more advice other than what I have given you already and that includes over 4 decades of washing machine maintenance experience.

• Advertisement

I can’t offer any more advice other than what I have given you already and that includes over 4 decades of washing machine maintenance experience.

No worries, thanks for the advise!

Advertisement