Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you see?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

What would all those "artifacts" (panel damage/dirty paint) in the sky be if you see a beach?

The variation in contrast, and the dents, look like clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Beach was what I saw but I can make out the car door now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

I can see either but it’s clear what it is.

Car door sill? I think so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

BLUE AND BLACK,

F OFF WITH YOUR WHITE AND GOLD :mad:

Oops, wrong internet thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,798 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The stone on the lower right is a pebble, not a rock. The dark part of the beach is the shadow cast by the door. The waves are the rusted or flaked paint part of the door sill. The gap in the waves (how do you explain that beach people?) is a dent in the door. The horizon is a strip in the door, the sky is the lighter part of the main car door.

So it’s a photo of the bottom 1/4 of a car door in bad shape.

When I saw the picture first, I thought it was going to be a post warning about rip currents, that's what one looks like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I wouldn't call that a picture of a car door.
    It's more like the battered sill with a big chunk taken out of it.
    The actual door only takes up like half the picture, this is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Because you asked what do I see I knew it was a trick question and so went looking for something else

The stone on the lower right is a pebble, not a rock. The dark part of the beach is the shadow cast by the door. The waves are the rusted or flaked paint part of the door sill. The gap in the waves (How do you explain that beach people?) is a dent in the door. The horizon is a strip in the door, the sky is the lighter part of the main car door.

So it’s a photo of the bottom 1/4 of a car door in bad shape.

I was so outraged I didn't read the whole thread. I'm glad I'm not the only incensed by this.

It doesn't look like either a beach or a car door. Its a battered sill off a dark coloured car parked on some loose ground. Aaaaaaarrrgh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ok I can see how every part of that picture could be one or the other

Every part except the bottom right quadrant. That looks like a rock and markings/footprints in the sand. I can't relate them (the 'rock' in particular) to metal damage or rust

Ok I can see how every part of that picture could be one or the other

Every part except the bottom right quadrant. That looks like a rock and markings/footprints in the sand. I can't relate them (the 'rock' in particular) to metal damage or rust

That's the ground underneath the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

'I see dead people'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Ahhhhhh now I see the bottom of the door, It only took me an hour and several explanations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Pissartist wrote: »
    I see dead people

Oh well, I'm an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Defo a car door/sill/bumper area, but most likely sill.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭mullinr2

On first impressions it looks like a beach. But after really looking at it, it looks like a car door with damage done to the car at the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

PRI_74773071.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C339&ssl=1

The latest in the internet illusions since 'that' dress...

Beach or car door?

Beach =you've an artistic side, apparently.

Car door = more logical side

According to the metro...

"What you see may actually depend on whether you’re more dominant on the right side of your brain or the left.

The left part performs logical tasks, such as in science and mathematics, whereas the right completes tasks that have to do with creativity and the arts.

And as with any psychological viral thing, some users got all sciency and said you may only see the shore due to confirmation bias.

This is when your brain favours previously existing beliefs or biases. So the first few words of the tweet are: ‘If you can see a beach, ocean sky, rocks and stars then you are an artist,’ which are affirming words therefore making you believe the message."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Your Face wrote: »
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your amazing and insightful input. You have changed my world.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yanny, wearing a blue dress at the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I see a rusty sill of a car.

Yeah, I agree now (rusty sill of a car door), although my kneejerk reaction was sea surf coming up the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's a dark car door on a beach, you can tell by the way the incoming tide is going around the car door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

A Delorean car door.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

OK,now I can see it. Only took two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Beach but after looking at it for a while I did see what part of the car it is. The logical/creative thinking it's pure bs though. The quality and the size of the screen would be way more significant than logical/creative thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It's the side of one of Yoto's shoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Thank you for your amazing and insightful input. You have changed my world.

Grow up, it wasn't directed at you rather the high point of professional journalism that is the Metro.

I see a beach, and when I change focus to the bottom half of the picture I see the corroded runner and the bottom of the door. So both.

As an aside, the article repeats a familiar assertion with no solid evidential basis. Although different parts of the brain deal with different tasks, this right brain/left brain dominance business is apparently bunkum.
    ...They looked at the brain scans of more than 1,000 young people between the ages of 7 and 29 and divided different areas of the brain into 7,000 regions to determine whether one side of the brain was more active or connected than the other side. No evidence of “sidedness” was found. The authors concluded that the notion of some people being more left-brained or right-brained is more a figure of speech than an anatomically accurate description.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/right-brainleft-brain-right-2017082512222

Yanny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

If i seen that pic without the options i dont think i would say beach or car door.

Advertisement