Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brendan Grace, get well soon

Options

Comments

Blaizes wrote: »
    What I’ve always liked about Brendan Grace is the jokes were funny by themselves without bringing smut into it. He’s just a naturally funny man.

Oh he could do smut too- just look at this (from memory)

And Frankie, I nearly died when he offered me a cup of Horlick’s - because you see there’s a hint on the label of the jar- the ideal bedtime drink.

Absolute smut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Cancer diagnosed via pneumonia does not sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The last thing the poor man needs...........

Twink plans a surprise visit to Brendan Grace in hospital
    https://www.independent.ie/videos/entertainment/watch-twink-plans-a-surprise-visit-to-brendan-grace-in-hospital-38286121.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's no coincidence that she has a new show starting on RTE this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Odhinn

sligojoek wrote: »

Good jaysus......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Odhinn wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/videos/entertainment/watch-twink-plans-a-surprise-visit-to-brendan-grace-in-hospital-38286121.html

has he not suffered enough?

have we not suffered enough?

2f0ee24ac1603fd4d18fdc49b5c79e82--ted-quotes-father-ted.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Forewarned is forearmed

What a hag

She is such an attention-seeking wagon. I’m sure he has received visits from plenty of well-known people. Why do we need to know about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Leave the dying aul bint put on her PI's cap and look for the phone tapper :), then moan at Mickey Twee for not inviting her to lunch.
    What a geebag.
    Poor aul Brendan would probably think the grim reaper had walked into his room if she shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It's heartening to see all the posts wishing Brendan well, especially on Boards which would have a younger demographic. While it's fair to say that his type of comedy wouldn't exactly be critically well received these days, we have to remember that he did make millions of people laugh. To be able to do that is a huge talent and no one can ever take that away from him.

Get well soon Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

always loved him.
    hes imo the best comedian ireland ever produced.
    the rest of them arent fit to wipe his shoes. imho.

He's good clean fun, everyone in the family can sit down and watch him. I always love the repeats at Christmas.
    He's proof that you don't have to swear or be filthy to be funny. His drunk routines are hilarious. Hope he will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Loved him dealing with a drunk heckler many years ago in a hall in Birr....

"Hey, don't I know you?"

Turning to the crowd - "I played in a group with him years ago......we were called the Symbolics....I was Sym"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Aglomerado wrote: »
    He's good clean fun, everyone in the family can sit down and watch him. I always love the repeats at Christmas.
    He's proof that you don't have to swear or be filthy to be funny. His drunk routines are hilarious. Hope he will be ok.

That's the thing. You could watch him with your grandmother or your grandchildren. A lot of the stuff was corny but it was funny,

The old man on his deathbed got the smell of lovely food coming from downstairs.

Any chance of some of that? he said.

No. it's for the wake, said his wife.

That's the thing. You could watch him with your grandmother or your grandchildren. A lot of the stuff was corny but it was funny,

The old man on his deathbed got the smell of lovely food coming from downstairs.

Any chance of some of that? he said.

No. it's for the wake, said his wife.

Brilliant. Thank you. I started this thread in order to wish Brendan well. Some posts are a bit off. Yours really shows the fondness we have for his corny jokes. He’s got a lovely singing voice. Cushie Butterfield is a favorite.

Dante7 wrote: »
    It's heartening to see all the posts wishing Brendan well, especially on Boards which would have a younger demographic. While it's fair to say that his type of comedy wouldn't exactly be critically well received these days, we have to remember that he did make millions of people laugh. To be able to do that is a huge talent and no one can ever take that away from him.

Get well soon Brendan.

The younger generation like him because he absolutely nailed his Father Ted cameo and Father Ted continues to be popular. I remember groaning at the time when I heard he was going to guest-star. He proved me very wrong. He did not take for granted his chance to appear on a very popular show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes he played Fr Stack to perfection

"if you ever say that to me again i'll put your head through the wall"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I’m seeing posts on Facebook that claim he has passed away. I really hope it’s fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Has anything been officially confirmed yet??

https://twitter.com/Ciaran_O/status/1149086475188867072

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was listening to the RTE radio 1 news at midnight, and there was no mention of a death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do Keith Barry and Frances Black count, seems to be all over social media he has passed but nothing on RTE

No lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Fake news it seems from what I've seen on Facebook the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

As much as I hope Its not true as I think he's a nice guy but not a fan of the Butlins comedy, Joe Duffy will have to breakeen his holliers to rush back for a gawk inducing week of tributes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Had to delete a load of post as Nothing has been confirmed about Brendan's death, please don't post anymore RIP messages until its been confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dante7 wrote: »

How is it confirmed? A tweet from a nobody is not official confirmation of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Looking at that fella's Twitter account, it looks like he got it wrong an hour earlier. There are ghouls everywhere, trying to get their spake in first (and yes, I see the irony of posting this on boards)

Looking at that fella's Twitter account, it looks like he got it wrong an hour earlier. There are ghouls everywhere, trying to get their spake in first (and yes, I see the irony of posting this on boards)

This. It’s really ghoulish. So many people want to be first with news and in their haste, don’t factcheck. Why does it matter to be first? Nobody will remember who broke the news because it’s not about them.

This. It’s really ghoulish. So many people want to be first with news and in their haste, don’t factcheck. Why does it matter to be first? Nobody will remember who broke the news because it’s not about them.
    How did this even become a thing?

Actually scratch that, the same thing happens in real life, with ould wans ringing one another with games of "Guess who's dead?"

Is it Mrs Corbal?
    "No! Go again"
    Does she wear glasses?
    "Not any more!"
    Let me think... Nora Kenny?
    Now you have it, kitty!

People actually enjoy this sh1te. It's the strangest thing.

PS sorry to hear about Brendan Grace's serious illness. He brought a lot of joy and laughter to a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Brendan Grace RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement