Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Smoked coley with baby boiled spuds. Still hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Toasted cheese sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

One of those Happy Pear meals, veggie korma and I also got the spiced potatoes. Grand job but you’d miss the bit of meat. I was unintentionally a holy joe today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

chips fish and peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

bassy wrote: »
    chips fish and peas.

Fresh from the van? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm not religious lads, but I don't hold it against anyone.

Therefore....Sirloin steak, chips and mushy peas. Pepper sauce too. Got a few pre made sachets in Aldi. Good till June.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Didn't even dawn on any of us, homemade double burger with bacon, cheese, salad and skinny frozen chips for a nice change.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Fresh from the van? :D

the cheek of you retro :D the van only opens at weekends :)

there were homemade chips very fresh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One of those Happy Pear meals, veggie korma and I also got the spiced potatoes. Grand job but you’d miss the bit of meat. I was unintentionally a holy joe today.

So you'll never turn veggie Anna ;):D

I forgot it was Ash Wednesday too and cooked bacon and cabbage :o
    With parsley sauce :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    So you'll never turn veggie Anna ;):D

I forgot it was Ash Wednesday too and cooked bacon and cabbage :o
    With parsley sauce :p

Straight to hell for you I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tandoori chicken in the oven.

Hope it turns out OK, my first attempt at making it. Flatbreads, salad and raita to go with it.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Not yet. I can't get passed Chequers!:eek:

Lol , Chequers is just great , what's not to love about the place ? !

Just had some of that oat bread , it's lovely and soft with a crunchy , seeded crust , I recommend !

Straight to hell for you I'd say.

That's a given anyway Rows Grower , even without the bacon :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

spicy chicken sandwich

Lol , Chequers is just great , what's not to love about the place ? !

Just had some of that oat bread , it's lovely and soft with a crunchy , seeded crust , I recommend !

Cakes, biscuits, muffins! I'll try the bread soon. A nice addition. I really hope it works for them and they do well. That end of town is full of empty units that could be decent enough places with the right product.

As for Chequers, love it, but Mrs G. wants to avoid it lately due to massive temptation to be really bold. That said we are both bold no matter where we go, but as you know Mrs G. has to a little more careful these days. I should be too!

Cakes, biscuits, muffins! I'll try the bread soon. A nice addition. I really hope it works for them and they do well. That end of town is full of empty units that could be decent enough places with the right product.

As for Chequers, love it, but Mrs G. wants to avoid it lately due to massive temptation to be really bold. That said we are both bold no matter where we go, but as you know Mrs G. has to a little more careful these days. I should be too!

Excellent point re that end of the town G . And I hope the Bakery continues to do well , great addition and badly needed imo .

Ha too true about Chequers !
    Trying to think of a healthier place to eat in town . Have you tried Lana's on Main Street ?
    Asian street food I think , is that healthier ?

Satsuma here :)

Excellent point re that end of the town G . And I hope the Bakery continues to do well , great addition and badly needed imo .

Ha too true about Chequers !
    Trying to think of a healthier place to eat in town . Have you tried Lana's on Main Street ?
    Asian street food I think , is that healthier ?

Satsuma here :)

I've done both Lana's and Krabi Thai. Similar stuff. Healthy? Garnd. Great? Absolutely!:D Seriously it depends on what you order, but always better than a greasy spoon. But I do have a real affection for a greasy spoon from time to time. We need a decent Deli style place that isn't Subway or the Supermacs version.

I've done both Lana's and Krabi Thai. Similar stuff. Healthy? Garnd. Great? Absolutely!:D Seriously it depends on what you order, but always better than a greasy spoon. But I do have a real affection for a greasy spoon from time to time. We need a decent Deli style place that isn't Subway or the Supermacs version.

Greasy spoon can't be beat every now and then I agree!
    Too true G , only Subway and Supersub really in town . McCormacks on Main St is meant to be a Deli , but in all honesty , the town needs a decent proper Delicatessen . And what's more it would do great business I think anyway , like you , people want choices , not just chipper or chinese .

Eyeing up that second Lamb Shank I have. The last one was magic. Gotta peel some spuds to go with it. Fancy mash to go with the sauce. Mrs G and little G had roast chicken and baby boiled potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

Big dish of mussels, crispy bread rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Stew made in the slow cooker. Swiss roll for dessert :)

Roast beef dinner and glass of 7up,burppppp oops :D

jellybear wrote: »
    Stew made in the slow cooker. Swiss roll for dessert :)

Swiss roll was like a movie star dessert for us when we were young, we used have it on a Sunday the odd time.

Then even more rarely we'd have a chocolate triangle Battenburg, the slices were thin but we thought we were royalty.

Nothing would bate a big slice of homemade apple tart with cream.

Swiss roll was like a movie star dessert for us when we were young, we used have it on a Sunday the odd time.

Then even more rarely we'd have a chocolate triangle Battenburg, the slices were thin but we thought we were royalty.

Nothing would bate a big slice of homemade apple tart with cream.

I'm on that page RG.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

This evening was what my sister and I call a "bits and pieces" dinner. A butchers lamb burger in a pitta bread with mayo and tomato, lemon and coriander cous cous, fried leftover baby potatoes and some beetroot and roasted peppers both out of jars. A glass of sauvignon blanc with it. Very nice for a thrown together dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I'm eating a homemade version of a big mac, expertly made with salty chips.

I'm am drinking Bombay sapphire with lime and coke

For dessert I have a room temp bar of galaxy.All 200g , just for me.

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    This evening was what my sister and I call a "bits and pieces" dinner. A butchers lamb burger in a pitta bread with mayo and tomato, lemon and coriander cous cous, fried leftover baby potatoes and some beetroot and roasted peppers both out of jars. A glass of sauvignon blanc with it. Very nice for a thrown together dinner :)

I love dinners like that , hodge podge I call them :D
    A bit of this that and the other , yours sounds lovely !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pizza :) with loads of pineapple :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I love dinners like that , hodge podge I call them :D

That's basically how I eat! When you're just cooking for one and want to avoid waste, it's the only way to go!

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That's basically how I eat! When you're just cooking for one and want to avoid waste, it's the only way to go!

I quite often do that too , even though there's two of us here :)

Waste not want not !

Advertisement