Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shameless Plug

• 31-03-2015 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

Ever posted something witty at the beginning of a popular thread? Got 200+ thanks? Don't lie, it made you feel good. It made you feel fucking great - brightened up what would have been yet another unfulfilling day.

What have you posted that fills you with pride? What clever one liner didn't get the attention (and thanks) it deserved? Here's the thread where you can shamelessly link that ingenious post you spent actual time on to impress a bunch of strangers on the web for a form of accolade that holds no value whatsoever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

This one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Lisa needs braces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

My most famous post has earned me 278 thanks or "Self-Esteem Protein" as I call them. But I've decided to link one of my lesser appreciated efforts instead, it was born in a thread discussing an article about a man who has a condition that turns any carbohydrates he eats into alcohol.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94603551&postcount=8

• Advertisement

To be honest - I do not actually know. I hardly ever go back and look at posts I have made - so whether they get 1 thanks or 1000 I probably did not even notice.

Is there a way to search your most thanked posts - then I could answer? I know there is that "Show all thanked posts" option but not that helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Macavity. wrote: »
    My most famous post has earned me 278 thanks or "Self-Esteem Protein" as I call them. But I've decided to link one of my lesser appreciated efforts instead, it was born in a thread discussing an article about a man who has a condition that turns any carbohydrates he eats into alcohol.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94603551&postcount=8

Should have linked the one for 278, this one is trying too hard!

No no no.

Too much self analysis and look at me.

My comments here, on Facebook, wherever, are expressions of my opinion. I don't care if they get 0 likes or 100. If I wanted the latter, I would say nice things about angels and homelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I'm going to buy everybody on AH a pint.
    Now lets see the thanks roll in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No no no.

Too much self analysis and look at me.

My comments here, on Facebook, wherever, are expressions of my opinion. I don't care if they get 0 likes or 100. If I wanted the latter, I would say nice things about angels and homelessness.

Why do you hate the homeless?

• Advertisement

To be honest - I do not actually know. I hardly ever go back and look at posts I have made - so whether they get 1 thanks or 1000 I probably did not even notice.

Don't lie. The following 3-5 hours after making a sharp witted or humourous post are spent frantically going into one's profile to check if you have received any thanks.
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Should have linked the one for 278, this one is trying too hard!

If someone can't spend many hours constructing a post in an attempt to get validation from strangers on the internet (at the peril of their relationships and home life) without being told they are "trying too hard", then what honestly can you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Why do you hate the homeless?

Co's he's bad. You know it, etc.
    No no no.

Translation: f5 f5, f5

Don't lie. The following 3-5 hours after making a sharp witted or humourous post are spent frantically going into one's profile to check if you have received any thanks.

If I ever make a sharp witted or humorous post - I will put your theory to the test :)

This is a thread I started awhile ago that slipped away with out enough people seeing it. I think it could have been a success if only posters had contributed to it more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406156

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is there a way to search your most thanked posts - then I could answer? I know there is that "Show all thanked posts" option but not that helpful.

Go to your account -> Statistics -> Find all posts -> Select "most thanked" from the drop-down menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you all about an amazing new product I have invented.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

biko wrote: »
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you all about an amazing new product I have invented.

After having a trial period of your product, I'll take 2 please.

Go to your account -> Statistics -> Find all posts -> Select "most thanked" from the drop-down menu

Well - thanks. Kinda wish you had not told me now. THIS is my most thanked post? That is depressing. At least some in my top 10 I put some actual effort in to.

Perhaps if you are on this list of names you could go there and REMOVE the thanks from that post so it goes DOWN my list? :)

aidoh, Akrasia, akura, baktag, BettePorter, Bigcheeze, Capt'n Midnight, Chocolate, cletus van damme, Conall Cernach, conor2469, Diddy Kong, dr strangelove, Encrypted Pigeon, eyescreamcone, franknrol, frash, Fratton Fred, Gambas, genericguy, gobnaitolunacy, happyoutscan, housetypeb, humanji, humbert, ixoy, jeepers101, jgr12, jimboblep, johnington, Jonny Blaze, Jonty, J_E, kneemos, kowloon, Lemag, mack81, MadsL, MikeC101, mikhail, MilanPan!c, moxin, murpho999, Nerdlingr, noodler, o1s1n, old hippy, OldGoat, paulbok, PrettyBoy, Princess Consuela Bananahammock, realies, relax carry on, rhonin, robindch, rubadub, Ruu, SadieSue, saralou2011, SeaFields, snausages, SouthTippBass, Stavros Murphy, The_Valeyard, tomtucker81, Vincent Vega, wendell borton, wolfpawnat, yermandan, Zen65, zerks

Perhaps if you are on this list of names you could go there and REMOVE the thanks from that post so it goes DOWN my list? :)

I just thanked it. Everybody thank the post. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Two weeks of holidays, is it lads?

I just thanked it. Everybody thank the post. :p

Damn your eyes.

Two weeks of holidays, is it lads?

I'm older than you, Mr. DeVito.

Advertisement