Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failure at the Funeral

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fryup wrote: »
    thats the dutch for ya, wacky wacky wacky

i wouldn't be surprised if she lit up a joint while watching it

I know the Dutch very well and believe me they are not that whacky! Just a strange folk in my opinion.

I have been to funerals there though that had a photographer on duty.

Irish people find it very strange but it's not when you think about it. It's a major event in family life and some like to record memories of it.

Also, we don't find it strange when funerals of celebrities or accident/crime victims are shown on the news and in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

My ex-flatmate was going out with a Dutch girl.

She told him she was coming around one evening with a DVD so he got a few beers, snacks etc and told me to make myself scarce.

The DVD, it turns out, was of her fathers funeral! :eek:

Don't recall her ever calling around again after that.

A Dutch person bought a DVD .. I call BS .. they would have torrented that stuff.
    fryup wrote: »
    thats the dutch for ya, wacky wacky wacky

i wouldn't be surprised if she lit up a joint while watching it

Nah man, its mostly foreigners smoke weed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kfallon wrote: »
    Who the fúck records a funeral?
    Someone looking for a bit of cash from a you'be been framed show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hardly worth their while pulling him out I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

This is an apt thread to share this story. I was living in Sydney and house-shared with a complete stoner of a German guy. We used to score weed of this 70 year old grandmother. She ran a professional business, one would call over to her house, grab a beer, she would come over to you and do the deal, finish beer have a smoke and leave.
    One day I was in the flat and I sent the German lad over to score weed, so he went over grabbed a beer and sat and waited. Been German and always stoned what he did not realise that there were loads of people in the house. It was in fact the Funeral of this weed dealing grandmothers husband. He actually stayed for hours and eventually cornered the grandmother and scored weed off her.
    I Sh1t you not, most awake people would go oh that's a funeral I have no business in there, not my German stoner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Has anyone confirmed if he's fuking dead or not yet? His legs looked lifeless at the end, the coffin pushed into/onto him so I'd imagine he got at least injured, possibly paralysed even

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

A guy walked onto the green type carpet yoke that they put on the grave to cover it temporarily after lowering the coffin down my uncles funeral. Everyone had turned themselves away to walk back to the cars and there was a huge clatter and there he was pulling himself up. Shouldn't have but i laughed so hard:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

kfallon wrote: »
    Who the fúck records a funeral? Jesus H Christ! :rolleyes:

In fairness traditions are different and things change with time.. Think that Victorians once posed with their dead for "post mortem" portraits, and that was acceptable at the time.. Sad stuff, see HERE
    I know its not uncommon at the moment for people to watch in online when they can't be at funeral service..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

A Dutch person bought a DVD .. I call BS .. they would have torrented that stuff.

no one said she bought her dads funeral on dvd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Bad and all as falling in was, at least the coffin stayed shut. Now that would have been a right fc*k up, the corpse on top of your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If some idiot produced a camera at a burial of one of my loved ones - I'd be one smartphone up, one idiot down and a double burial later a happier soul.

Advertisement