Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bloody Moon.

• 19-07-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭

Talk about overkill. It's been going on for weeks.
    Thought there might be a documentary or two when I heard about the anniversary of the moon landing,but **** me everywhere you turn it's another bleedin programme about the bloody moon.

Comments

Nearly every time I look at the sky the shagging yoke is there. Sick to death of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

I think everyone has got too much sun around here . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I think it's very important all the documentaries, talks and shows about it. Considering how many idiotic people believe it never happened in the first place, these are very important.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,134 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nearly every time I look at the sky the shagging yoke is there. Sick to death of it.

Exactly, at this stage the Moon should be cancelled and flung out to wherever they are hiding Pluto now that it's no longer a planet, and its slot taken by a more interesting moon like Ganymede.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It's not Cork, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Granted it's not as much of an event as Love Island but we'll just all have to suffer through it I suppose...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Some posts are just too funny :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Please be careful, Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I suppose it’s that time of the month…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I hope the moon in Aquarius this week, I always have potential for an opportunity when it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

kneemos wrote: »
    Talk about overkill. It's been going on for weeks.

I consider myself educated in science, but only caught the last episode of "Chasing the Moon" last night.
    There was serious detail in that 6 part documentary.
    Even the lander simulator was like a small stripped down Harrier jet to practice on earth and two pilots had to eject before they crashed.
    3 Astronauts were trapped in the Apollo 1 capsule when it caught fire and burnt to death trying to open the door.

If you don't want to acknowledge or comprehend the achievement, don't watch it, but you wouldn't be fit to clean the toilets in NASA.

And no, I'm not America but did visit the NASA Kennedy space centre.
    You might have the idea that those rockets are simplistic but walking underneath them there's an absolute tangle of high tech plumbing to control the liquid fuel precisely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Exactly, at this stage the Moon should be cancelled and flung out to wherever they are hiding Pluto now that it's no longer a planet, and its slot taken by a more interesting moon like Ganymede.
    at first glance not that interesting , it's just big.
    Twice the mass so tides would be twice as high.

Then again it would get more interesting here where it's warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

I sat down to watch the one on RTE last Saturday and rather than showing much of the moon landing, it was yet another opportunity to interview RTE's favourite prieast, Fr Brian D'Arcy. What his story about a tractor had to do with moon landings I don't know. And as for this Gavin James: what is this pushing of poor original music all the time?? Once more, what had it to do with the moon?

Advertisement