Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does truth matter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

€3bn for broadband is good value. Sure won’t all the moo-cows have Spotify accounts then. We might even have a cow entry for the Eurovision, Vegans love that kinda thing.

Farmers down in Tipperary will be delighted too, no more slow dial up speeds when they want to check how long it takes for a body to decompose.

And sure every pub in Kerry will have live updates from Garda Checkpoints Ireland on Facebook, so the Healy Rae’s will be able to usher the drunks out to their cars when the coast is clear.

Almost forgot! Sure won’t this keep Uncle Denis going for another few years, as a main backer of this project. Great to see him maintain his great relationship with the Government after the Irish Water debacle, or and the O2 kerfuffle/bribery thingamijij.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe it does in somewhere like Norway.

In Ireland No. Born chancers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

No such thing as truth. Just perception. Material reality conforms to our expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

No such thing as truth. Just perception. Material reality conforms to our expectations.

And if accepting that you then decide to perceive that there is an external, objective truth. And in perceiving that it becomes reality. Paradox \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Pour some boiling water on your hands and let us know how you conform.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

You've opened a philosophical can if worms OP.

I thought this thread was about philosophy. I was going to put on my beret and false moustache and say something quite existentialist that I didn't understand like "There is no truth, mes chéries, absinthe is the only essential infinite".

Oh well. As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Firstly of course everywhere in the country should have equal broadband and all services beyond that they are equal citizens.

BUT ....

They got ripped off. And or were ripping us off.

Of course everywhere in the country should have equal services.

But govt procurement contracts in Ireland are notoriously stained with corruption and self gain.

The fact that Denis O'Brien WAS THE ONLY BIDDER etc....(also sorry boards.ie if you get sued because i said his name)

We all know what happened there you have read the papers as much as i have. Denis Obrien has in the past received help from a certain communications minister.

People like him should be banned from bidding on govt contracts.

He is part of some dark gang .....i mean HOW HOW is it exactly he ended up being the only bidder? And no one even KNEW it was him heading up the thing at first?

Firstly of course everywhere in the country should have equal broadband and all services beyond that they are equal citizens.

BUT ....

They got ripped off. And or were ripping us off.

Of course everywhere in the country should have equal services.

But govt procurement contracts in Ireland are notoriously stained with corruption and self gain.

The fact that Denis O'Brien WAS THE ONLY BIDDER etc....(also sorry boards.ie if you get sued because i said his name)

We all know what happened there you have read the papers as much as i have. Denis Obrien has in the past received help from a certain communications minister.

People like him should be banned from bidding on govt contracts.

He is part of some dark gang .....i mean HOW HOW is it exactly he ended up being the only bidder? And no one even KNEW it was him heading up the thing at first?

Again....sorry boards.ie for saying the name that must not be said

Guys if i disappear for some reason you know THE TRUTH!

You've opened a philosophical can if worms OP.

A can of Denis O Brien!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Truth hurts!

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Truth hurts!

Not if you are Denis O'Brien you can sue and make money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Truth hurts!

You can't handle the truth!

Im all thumbs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Too true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

You should have guessed. Whenever the govt. grants some kind of monopoly or very lucrative license to the private sector, the B-Man is there to receive it. Phone operator, water meter installer, broadband installer...you name it, he's the man.

recedite wrote: »
    You should have guessed. Whenever the govt. grants some kind of monopoly or very lucrative license to the private sector, the B-Man is there to receive it. Phone operator, water meter installer, broadband installer...you name it, he's the man.

I know ...with a lil help from his minister friends.:rolleyes:

Advertisement