Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people like and share competitions on social media when it's not a part of ent

Options
  • 08-05-2019 1:32pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I mean when companies ask to enter via a link and liking and sharing plays no part in the entry process.

These morons are actually reducing their chance of winning as by sharing more people enter...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I mean when companies ask to enter via a link and liking and sharing plays no part in the entry process.

These morons are actually reducing their chance of winning as by sharing more people enter...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056616033/717/#post110121412

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

imfml wrote: »

Thanks, this isn't a competition itself but a genuine question about how people treat them on Facebook etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Because people who do it are 60 year olds who don't know how to use the source button on their remote control, never mind a laptop/tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Cienciano wrote: »
    Because people who do it are 60 year olds who don't know how to use the source button on their remote control, never mind a laptop/tablet

Plenty of 60 year olds are technologically savvy.

I’d imagine it’s the brain dead ‘u ok hun’ types that can’t comprehend what the competition are. Occasionally I see competitions from 2-3 years ago appear on my FB feed, even after people have posted that the competition is long over they’ll still ‘like an share’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That's quite insulting to us over 60s. I'd wager the culprits are more likely to be millennials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

whats going on?

i just came here to like all the posts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

They know people who might be interested in the comp etc and are not that competitive?

Monkeynut wrote: »
    whats going on?

i just came here to like all the posts. :)
    Will you be my friend?:)

Or six yr olds! Like me! :pac:

Its not my fault i don't understand adult stuff :P

Advertisement