Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would buy that

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

There is a collection of products like that under hashtag extreme civilisation. Half are just veg wrapped in plastic but half are incredibly stupid.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/extremecivilisation?src=hashtag_click

Also

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This and this last century are separated from the rest of history by the wealth of tat available to buy. Most of it is pure crap that will end up in a rubbish dump long after we are dead ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

'Decorative' socks.
    i.e. Fancy designs, patterns and colours. On the most utilitarian of all clothing items.

Fair enough a novelty set with the days of the week M-F printed on them may be of slight use,
    but otherwise only slight knob would attempt to show off their crazy 'sock designs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

tumblr_inline_oln7rgeibD1sppt0x_1280.png

A McMansion.

Aka rural one off penis extension.

Bet that's in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭banana_bear

Stop shooting animals

Exactly, why can't you all just buy vacuumed meat in the supermarket where no animals had to die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Exactly, why can't you all just buy vacuumed meat in the supermarket where no animals had to die?

Ditto shrink wrapped vegetables magically grown without the need for cultivation pest control or harvesting carnage :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    fiat-multipla-1-9-jtd.jpg

Hideous. Reminds me of Homers car.

They look absurd but are really comfortable to drive .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

VeryTerry wrote: »
    That's a good point.

There’s loads of knock off versions sold - mainly at markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I saw a breadboard in Blarney woollen mills once for 119 euro
    A breadboard ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Bags of grated cheese and chopped vegetables. It takes so little effort to do it yourself and costs more to buy pre prepared.

Plus grated cheese goes mouldy way faster than a solid block if not used quickly. More surface area for bacteria to get a grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

sligojoek wrote: »
    Plus grated cheese goes mouldy way faster than a solid block if not used quickly. More surface area for bacteria to get a grip.

You should seal the bag again after opening to keep in all that good bacteria.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It reminds me of little strips of rubber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sheeps wrote: »
    Bet that's in Cavan.

They're all over the place.
    The size of a hotel with just parents and one or two kids rattling around inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Alun wrote: »
    And all in sizes XS or XXL, rarely anything in between. Great for buying a completely non-matching set of anything.

XXL is usually the size they have the least of. For mens clothes at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Why is a fiver the tipping point for pointlessness? The only way it would be pointless is if you had the same odds spending more than a fiver than only spending a fiver. The more odds of winning counts very much as a point.

the odds of winning are so infinitesimally small that it's a waste of money, and a fiver specifically is the cost of 1 qp line twice a week, any more than that is just foolishness. And I mean, playing at all is foolishness but so is buying overpriced coffee at costa etc. and you don't have a tiny tiny tiny tiny chance of winning some money from your mochaccino

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You should seal the bag again after opening to keep in all that good bacteria.
    It makes no difference. Once airborne bacteria get in it doesn't matter how well sealed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

What's a union jack in an ironic style look like?

This only applies to men.
    Women look great in them (usually)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

gozunda wrote: »
    This and this last century are separated from the rest of history by the wealth of tat available to buy. Most of it is pure crap that will end up in a rubbish dump long after we are dead ....

This is so true...What will museums in 100 years time look like? They will be filled with plastic junk which were designed to work for a few months before they break.

I can imagine the display cases.

"Pressure Washer" Aldi circa 2010
    "Footbath" Argos circa 2005
    "Bush HiFi" Tesco circa 2011
    "Electronic Dog Threadmill" JML circa 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

When I was at home for Christmas I couldn't believe the amount of people wearing Canada Goose jackets. Who in their right mind spends 900 quid on a jacket? It wasn't even cold enough to be wearing them.

There is a trend in Dublin for drug dealers, associated scum and the lower orders to spend unspeakable amounts on these high end brands. It provides great business for a south side department store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

imme wrote: »
    There is a trend in Dublin for drug dealers, associated scum and the lower orders to spend unspeakable amounts on these high end brands. It provides great business for a south side department store.

Drug dealers and premier league footballers are Canada Geese I suppose. It would be better for Dublin if we had more footballers and less drug dealers.

• Advertisement

Go to any of the local markets around the country and there’s knock off versions of high end brands available cheap.

That’s why you’ll often see scummers or a certain ethnic group in head to toe Louis Vuitton and Burberry etc.

Canada goose knock offs were widely available at the market in athy over chrimbo. Rubbish quality on closer inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

imme wrote: »

Yeah pretty much every drug dealer around here has one, along with those handbag looking gym bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Last time I was buying grated Chareville cheese in Tesco. A block and grated was the same price.

You beat me to it.

If they sold turnip /swedes ready chopped I would buy as I cannot peel or chop them any more so maybe is why folk buy grated carrots and cheese etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I'd take the fiat long before I'd take a Chrysler PT Cruiser:
    471427.png

I love the Cruiser.

Reminds me of the Z Top music videos :)

It was like a Canada goose fashion show at the luas stop outside Heuston earlier.

Junkies parading around in their finest knock off versions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

When I was at home for Christmas I couldn't believe the amount of people wearing Canada Goose jackets. Who in their right mind spends 900 quid on a jacket? It wasn't even cold enough to be wearing them.

They're becoming one of the top "knock off" items, along with the luminous coloured Moncler jackets, and Stone Island gear.

Stone Island is a weird one, its Penney's quality clothes with a badge on the arm and they cost a fortune so the knock off is probably the exact same, quality wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

razorblunt wrote: »
    They're becoming one of the top "knock off" items, along with the luminous coloured Moncler jackets, and Stone Island gear.

Stone Island is a weird one, its Penney's quality clothes with a badge on the arm and they cost a fortune so the knock off is probably the exact same, quality wise.

Stone Island is a weird one because who wants to go around dressed like a wannabe football hooligan bellend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stone Island is a weird one because who wants to go around dressed like a wannabe football hooligan bellend?

Yep that too, especially if you're old enough to know better!

I always wondered did the badge have buttons in case you wanted to take it off and save yourself the hassle having spent > £200 on a plain khaki jacket with those weird googles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

jetsonx wrote: »
    This is so true...What will museums in 100 years time look like? They will be filled with plastic junk which were designed to work for a few months before they break.

I can imagine the display cases.

"Pressure Washer" Aldi circa 2010
    "Footbath" Argos circa 2005
    "Bush HiFi" Tesco circa 2011
    "Electronic Dog Threadmill" JML circa 2015

Bush is an Argos own brand. Not sold in Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Same with that Gym King brand. Chavtastic.

Advertisement