Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want this new type of lotto I thought of.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

You don't need 30 days, just go to a roulette wheel.

Problem with roulette is that it's not an AvB event (red/black), there is also one (or sometimes two) green locations that are 'null events'. That's how they make all the monies in vegas-partytown (all those shinny lights aren't free).

I only do accumulators through real-world events that present an edge or maximum risk reduction options, flipping a coin is not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    e84fphc4gdf01.jpg

Sorry that’s not a picture of a pyramid idea, it’s a funnel. Clearly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sorry that’s not a picture of a pyramid idea, it’s a funnel. Clearly.

23UVDnv.gif

200.gif?cid=3640f6095c5346a22f3237496f81a174

I'm sticking with the nags. Playful Spirit easily wins the 4.00 @ Southwell.

Then all I'll need is just another 29 Even money shots and I'll be a multi millionaire!

49.25% negative (drift) movement this am, a possible false positive signal.
    Whereas the only other one has 50% shortening.
    Could just be market re-balancing.

Like the look of a (novelty) Forex market with GBP-EUR Parity <2019 EOY @4.0.
    Only as a low-stack acca build option on 6 from 7.
    Brexit has moved towards no deal, but everything hinges on meeting on 25th March at Brussels, so worth Hold 'till then.

Right, after a fair whack of testing, 30 is too many.

25 works reasonably well for a village of 1,000 people. Around half the time, at least one of them will win e168k within 50 years.

https://playcode.io/252192?tabs=console&script.js&output

Rerun it by adding a space at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Right, after a fair whack of testing, 30 is too many.

25 works reasonably well for a village of 1,000 people. Around half the time, at least one of them will win e168k within 50 years.

https://playcode.io/252192?tabs=console&script.js&output

Rerun it by adding a space at the end.

What happens if one of the 1,000 people die within 50 years? Assuming they will all be nearly 70 if they start playing at 18?

....1,000 people.
    .... one of them
    ...€168k
    within 50 years.

Maybe leave that bit (or all of it really) off the marketing blurb.
    Just tell em they'll be rich, rich, rich whatever happens.

What happens if one of the 1,000 people die within 50 years? Assuming they will all be nearly 70 if they start playing at 18?

Nothing happens. They've stopped paying their e3.65 a year.

I quite like playing with this. If you reduce it to 20 flips in a row, you win e5.2k. Then between 10 and 20 people from the 1,000-person village will win in their lifetimes for that e3.65 / year.

I'd play it, but not many would. And I'd increase it from one cent to five or ten cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

49.25% negative (drift) movement this am, a possible false positive signal.

Aye, went out to 2.22 at one stage, wish I'd got some of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    23UVDnv.gif

200.gif?cid=3640f6095c5346a22f3237496f81a174

Dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Of 1 cent? Doesn't come close to covering costs.

yeah 3.65 a year even x 1000 isn't going to cover any of the winnings let alone running costs

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah 3.65 a year even x 1000 isn't going to cover any of the winnings let alone running costs

Uh, so it's a winning system that beats the bookies? The math has to work out in the bookie's favour if they take any sort of cut, even 1%.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dammit.
    A business opportunity as rare as the albani berries themselves

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Uh, so it's a winning system that beats the bookies? The math has to work out in the bookie's favour if they take any sort of cut, even 1%.

i pay you 1c. if i get 30 tails in a row, you give me 5.3m.
    where's that coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm sticking with the nags. Playful Spirit easily wins the 4.00 @ Southwell.

Then all I'll need is just another 29 Even money shots and I'll be a multi millionaire!

I put €1 on this. Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

You have a 1 in a billion chance of winning, so if another billion people play thats where the money comes from, because only one will win.

The tiny chance of it ever happening. Ie. All your wasted money and others'. But bookies do take hits sometimes and even have to close because of a win.

I put €1 on this. Cheers :D

Haha it won?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Haha it won?

Sure did. Just 364 more of those and you're laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was thinking of running a fun draw for all 5000 boards members.

Entry cost: Just 1 euro from each of you. Step right up, you don't want to miss out.

1st prize: 75 sovs, 2nd: 40 3rd: 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sure did. Just 364 more of those and you're laughing.

He'll be laughing long before that. Just 19 more Even money tips from me and he'll have turned his €1 in €1,048,576.00!

The first one was free though.... to get the rest, just send €10 to siroutlawpete@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looking at this lotto scheme. Assuming 50 50, success at each jump, 500 million people would need to play 1c daily to produce a winner every day.
    However if everyone played €1 per day (100 plays) and if maybe only 4 winners per year were expected, about 60,000 players would do.

Advertisement