Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Delay - Meadow Gate Wicklow Town

Options
  • 23-07-2019 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello Irish Water,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]
    We purchased a new property, 7 Meadow Gate, Marlton Road, Wicklow last year. We have been informed by the developer that the initial online application for water connection, submitted by the builder several months ago, was misplaced by yourselves. They only found out that it had been misplaced after your engineer failed to show up on site on the scheduled date several times. The developer has submitted the application again. They inform me they have received confirmation from yourselves that the second application has been received and they have paid the contribution. They have not however been able to get a date from you for a final connection. Why can you not give a date for connection? After misplacing the original application and delaying this development by months as a result, I would have thought that this date would be given as a matter of urgency. At this moment in time there are 7 houses lying vacant, fully complete in the estate just awaiting a water connection. Every week we are being told by developers that there has been no further communication from Irish Water. From reading other threads I see this is a regular occurrence where your company is concerned.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The house was to be completed by the end of April and then May and then June and now we are still no wiser. We have been forced to leave our rented accommodation and move in with family members which means a 2/3-hour commute in the morning and evening and living in one room with our three-year-old little girl. This is simply not good enough. It is putting huge strain and stress on our family and has taken all enjoyment and excitement out of becoming homeowners.[/font]
    Can you please help me understand why there are delays and no communication with the developer? At this stage you are putting the lives of seven families on hold.[/font]

Regards

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oneils23

Hello Irish Water,

We are also impacted by the Irish Water delays in Meadow Gate, Wicklow Town and are in a very similar situation to Mark. It is incredibly frustrating to see our house finished for the last few months and still no idea as to when the water will be connected. We need to be out of our rental accommodation in the next two weeks and with two small kids and nowhere to go it is causing immense stress. Can you please let us know when these houses will be connected? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi mmac83 and oneils23,

Thanks for your messages and we're very sorry to hear you are experiencing this.
    mmac83 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello Irish Water,[/font]
    We purchased a new property, 7 Meadow Gate, Marlton Road, Wicklow last year. We have been informed by the developer that the initial online application for water connection, submitted by the builder several months ago, was misplaced by yourselves. They only found out that it had been misplaced after your engineer failed to show up on site on the scheduled date several times. The developer has submitted the application again. They inform me they have received confirmation from yourselves that the second application has been received and they have paid the contribution. They have not however been able to get a date from you for a final connection. Why can you not give a date for connection? After misplacing the original application and delaying this development by months as a result, I would have thought that this date would be given as a matter of urgency. At this moment in time there are 7 houses lying vacant, fully complete in the estate just awaiting a water connection. Every week we are being told by developers that there has been no further communication from Irish Water. From reading other threads I see this is a regular occurrence where your company is concerned.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The house was to be completed by the end of April and then May and then June and now we are still no wiser. We have been forced to leave our rented accommodation and move in with family members which means a 2/3-hour commute in the morning and evening and living in one room with our three-year-old little girl. This is simply not good enough. It is putting huge strain and stress on our family and has taken all enjoyment and excitement out of becoming homeowners.[/font]
    Can you please help me understand why there are delays and no communication with the developer? At this stage you are putting the lives of seven families on hold.[/font]

Regards

Mark
    oneils23 wrote: »
    Hello Irish Water,

We are also impacted by the Irish Water delays in Meadow Gate, Wicklow Town and are in a very similar situation to Mark. It is incredibly frustrating to see our house finished for the last few months and still no idea as to when the water will be connected. We need to be out of our rental accommodation in the next two weeks and with two small kids and nowhere to go it is causing immense stress. Can you please let us know when these houses will be connected?
    If you could both send separate PMs with the following details, we can follow up on this:

- Your full name;
    - Contact number;
    - Full address of the property;
    - Application reference; and
    - Date of application.

If you also get in touch with the developer and ask them to contact us on newconnections@water.ie or they can talk to us us here, we can certainly follow up.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 23 for once in your life

oneils23 wrote: »
    Hello Irish Water,

I hope you get it sorted soon . Sounds like a nightmare for you . We are number 34, I really hope we don’t have the same problem when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rochey77!

Was there an update on this I just put a deposit on no77 and trying to figure if next March is a realistic estimated date for completion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi Rochey77!,

Thank you for getting in touch.
    Rochey77! wrote: »
    Was there an update on this I just put a deposit on no77 and trying to figure if next March is a realistic estimated date for completion
    Would you be able to send a PM with the following details and I will look into this for you?

- Your full name;
    - Contact number;
    - Full address of the property;
    - Application reference; and
    - Date of application.

Alternatively, you can advise the developer to contact us on newconnections@water.ie or they can talk to us us here.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Advertisement
Advertisement