Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

storker wrote: »
    Pat Kenny's insistence on pronouncing Greta Thunberg's surname as "Thunberry". Yes Pat, maybe it is how they pronounce it in Sweden, but you're supposed to be communicating in English, not showing off your knowledge.

TA'd by Pat Kenny in general actually. Not for the first time.

Same. He is such a dry sh*te, I don't know how he passes off as a TV "personality".

When you are dining with someone and obviously aren't meant to talk with your mouth full but also you're not both going to sit there in silence eating. So, the appropriate etiquette might be to say something while your mouth is empty and then place a forkful of food in your mouth. TA people who wait until just after you've put the fork of food in and then say, "what?" - it actually enrages as opposed to TAs me. Especially (and I can't believe how often this happens) people who have actually heard you, but just say "what" out of habit, followed a few seconds later by their response. or, the ones who keep saying, "what?" even though you are waiting until you've finished that mouthful before repeating yourself. Oh my God it just drives me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

storker wrote: »
    Pat Kenny's insistence on pronouncing Greta Thunberg's surname as "Thunberry". Yes Pat, maybe it is how they pronounce it in Sweden, but you're supposed to be communicating in English, not showing off your knowledge.

TA'd by Pat Kenny in general actually. Not for the first time.

Forgive me, but does that mean all xxxxbergs are pronounced xxxxberry ?
    In Sweden that is😊

As for Kenny...he should be pushed out to sea, naked.....on an iceberry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

When you call someone by a wrong name and it sticks in your head that's what they are called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Mary Lou McDonald, I'm sick to death of seeing her ugly mush everywhere. How people are even considering voting for SF is a mystery to me. It's like they are suffering from collective amnesia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you are dining with someone and obviously aren't meant to talk with your mouth full but also you're not both going to sit there in silence eating. So, the appropriate etiquette might be to say something while your mouth is empty and then place a forkful of food in your mouth. TA people who wait until just after you've put the fork of food in and then say, "what?" - it actually enrages as opposed to TAs me. Especially (and I can't believe how often this happens) people who have actually heard you, but just say "what" out of habit, followed a few seconds later by their response. or, the ones who keep saying, "what?" even though you are waiting until you've finished that mouthful before repeating yourself. Oh my God it just drives me insane!

Use paragraphs for fcuck sake would you ?

Nothin boils my p1$$ more that some kernt who is too lazy to break up the wall of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Forgive me, but does that mean all xxxxbergs are pronounced xxxxberry ?
    In Sweden that is😊

As for Kenny...he should be pushed out to sea, naked.....on an iceberry
    eisenberry 1 has spoken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Crappy wine glasses in restaurants. I know I sound like a knob but I love a really big, but thin glass that has been chilling for a few minutes. I hate when you get given some short stemmed yoke that’s like something they rooted out from the 1950s with room temp warm served

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Suffering from something of a moral dilemma.

Was in Lidl earlier picking up a roll for my lunch tomorrow, when I spotted a fella flagrantly stuff a bottle of spirits up his jacket, skip along the side of a busy queue at the till, and slip out the door undetected. Now I assumed the alarm would sound, but it didn't and none of the staff were aware of what happened as they were swamped by the evening rush.

Didn't want to cause a scene either as it's none of my business and I'm not one for vigilante justice, but it has been playing on my mind ever since that I should have at least reported it, or popped into the garda station on the way passed. I recognised someone outside waiting for the thief as a known junkie in town, but wouldn't be confident of identifying the culprit.

TA: beating myself up over something beyond my control.

Crappy wine glasses in restaurants. I know I sound like a knob but I love a really big, but thin glass that has been chilling for a few minutes. I hate when you get given some short stemmed yoke that’s like something they rooted out from the 1950s with room temp warm served
    Worse still is ordering a gin and tonic and being handed a ridiculous stemmed glass with have a garden allotment of stuff floating in it. Why is it so hard to just serve it in a tumbler with a slice of lemon, lime for preference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Was in Lidl earlier picking up a roll for my lunch tomorrow, when I spotted a fella flagrantly stuff a bottle of spirits up his jacket, skip along the side of a busy queue at the till, and slip out the door undetected. Now I assumed the alarm would sound, but it didn't and none of the staff were aware of what happened as they were swamped by the evening rush.

Didn't want to cause a scene either as it's none of my business and I'm not one for vigilante justice, but it has been playing on my mind ever since that I should have at least reported it, or popped into the garda station on the way passed. I recognised someone outside waiting for the thief as a known junkie in town, but wouldn't be confident of identifying the culprit.

It could have been worse, last year I held a door open for a lad who had a case of beer in his arms. He politely thanked me, before I noticed the security guard legging it towards the door. The shop got the beer back, but yer man got away

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You could go back and tell the manager. They might be able to look at CCTV and see who it is. The most they will probably do is bar them from the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Use paragraphs for fcuck sake would you ?

Nothin boils my p1$$ more that some kernt who is too lazy to break up the wall of text.

Mod

For someone who is obsessed about another user's posting style, you should be able to post better than that.

There is no need to resort to that level either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mary Lou saying ''Let me just say''.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

The legs of my pyjamas are a bit long and wide, so when I’m legging it up the stairs I often fall on my face.

Want tea and toast at bedtime. Don't want to have to get up for a wee in the middle of the night. TA cannot reconcile these two things!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

People who hold their hand up in front of their mouth while chewing and speaking. It looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Worse still is ordering a gin and tonic and being handed a ridiculous stemmed glass with have a garden allotment of stuff floating in it. Why is it so hard to just serve it in a tumbler with a slice of lemon, lime for preference?

99% of the time I serve a G&T in a tumbler glass I’m asked “oh, have you none of the fancy glasses?”

TA’d at that actually now that I think of it. Who cares what kind of glass it’s in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My entire mouth is still aching from the dentist yesterday. On the plus side my teeth are lovely and shiny now. I don't know if it's worth the pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Businesses that had great customer service during the downturn who have crap service now that they're booming. Looking at you, car dealerships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    99% of the time I serve a G&T in a tumbler glass I’m asked “oh, have you none of the fancy glasses?”

TA’d at that actually now that I think of it. Who cares what kind of glass it’s in?

those fishbowl glasses are just completely impractical to drink from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Had to sit in a completely different area of the canteen this morning because there was a woman ploughing noisily into her breakfast near where I normally sit. The noises were vile, worse than pigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Washing my hands after going to the toilet in many restaurants. The water is usually ice cold (why is hot water still such a luxury in Ireland these days???) and the hand dryers don't work at all or stop every few seconds. So lovely to walk around with freezing wet hands in February!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Space Dog wrote: »
    Washing my hands after going to the toilet in many restaurants. The water is usually ice cold (why is hot water still such a luxury in Ireland these days???) and the hand dryers don't work at all or stop every few seconds. So lovely to walk around with freezing wet hands in February!

A toilet I regularly use has separate hot and cold taps from back in the day. Cold as Jean Claude Van Damme's nipples from the Coors ad off one and Satan's scalding hot piss from the other. Good luck and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta my fixated brain feeding my inner teenage girl.

Mr he who gives me butterflies and I have finished out mutual project, as I sent back my final amendments I asked if he wanted to hear any feedback to the presentation once it was finished?
    He responded 'let me know how you get on'

A common phrase ,but strange use from him, but my brain is fixated on how it seems personal.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I like it in a tumbler, at home I'll always put it in a tumbler but I have actually seen someone order it in a bar and when it was brought in a normal glass say that they didn't want it because they wanted a stemmed glass and they'd run out of them. A good gin doesn't need anything but a decent tonic and a wedge of citrus fruit, all the other nonsense that's served with it just kills the flavour of the gin imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sitting having my lunch in a chipper/restaurant and I've spotted a child watching me while I eat. How about you learn manners? It's rude to stare.

I figured if I catch his eye he might get a red neck and stop looking...... nope. Eyes are gawked onto me. Parent doesn't give a shíte.

I hate people watching me when I'm eating, working or having a coffee. It happens a lot.

Maybe I look funny.

When pets stare intently at something invisible in a room. It creeps me out and makes me wonder what they can see.

Eflow threatening legal action for 4.90 arrears. Are they having a f*cking laugh. An old tag on an old car I no longer drive. It's just so daft to threaten legal action (which would cost hundreds) for such an amount :p

A quick call to them to pay over the phone and undertake to return said feckin tag sorted it. Why didnt they pick up the phone instead of jumping straight on the legal bandwagon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've said this on here before but time wasters on sites such as Adverts and Done Deal.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement