Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Tesco]Lego City Police Station 60141 €27.99

• 15-01-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

my first bargain!

anyhoo, picked this up in Jervis, and apparently it's across the board. normally this set retails for €60+, it's a decent size and a great price.

156096.jpg

there were two left on the shelf in Jervis, but according to the Tesco groceries site, it might be national.

Hope it helps someone if they can find it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wow, this was 79euro in smyths
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-city/lego-60141-city-police-station/p/156096

the sliding down shutters brought me right back to being a kid, I had this set
    6382-1.jpg
    and I adored it as it was not restricted and was easily turned into other things. Too much lego these days seems to be a toy car with a few token "lego shapes" on top that bits could attach to.

Can see a review of this one here, seems good, skip to 2min 30s for the good stuff, had to double check it was not a spoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

WOW, that IS a great price - my son got this 7 years ago for €60+ and we had hours of fun with it. Its a LOT of Lego for small money. Great 1st bargain - could it be BOTY 2018!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Mis-price? If you look at the link it mentions saving EUR 3 and that it is reduced from EUR 72.99 to EUR 69.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks op. Just ordered it for collection so fingers crossed they honour the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Price has been like that since last Weds/Thurs. Got mine in Clarehall and they didn't have the lower price but asked a girl to check and it came up as 27.47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Thanks OP.

Ordered two for collection!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ninjago fire mech was reduced to 17 euro in tesco in naas as well, which is an amazing price! but there was none left on the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Damm you BA...I just bought some more Lego :)

Can we get a budgetry warning stickied to this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Good find. Order for delivery as stores with stock too far away.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks OP!
    Ninjago fire mech was reduced to 17 euro in tesco in naas as well, which is an amazing price! but there was none left on the shelves.

Aw man. Can't see it on the tesco site.

• Advertisement

I was in there on Saturday and seen it, the police station too but was also out of stock. the also have one of those packs with 4 First order troopers figures in it for 9.50ish. they had loads of them in NAAS tesco. not sure about online. i should have taken a photo.

ive tried ordering lego online for bargain alerts before, i always end up getting an email saying out of stock.

I was in there on Saturday and seen it, the police station too but was also out of stock. the also have one of those packs with 4 First order troopers figures in it for 9.50ish. they had loads of them in NAAS tesco. not sure about online. i should have taken a photo.

ive tried ordering lego online for bargain alerts before, i always end up getting an email saying out of stock.

:( Thanks for setting expectations at least!

quad_red wrote: »
    :( Thanks for setting expectations at least!

haha sorry, i was raging myself when in store i seen the fire mech for 17 and none on the shelves. we got the blue lightening one for 35, reduced from 60 or 70 i think though.

The Tesco site is odd. Like if you search Lego you get 13 entries.

Why 13? Why just these 13 items out of the hundreds of lego items in any big store?

Its the same with video games, they generally dont list them all on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Fingers crossed there'll be one for me when I collect my Tesco order tonight. Would be a great birthday present for my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

i was back in jervis today at lunchtime, and no 60141's to be found on the shelf. hopefully people are lucky with other stores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ordered for collection - thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Ordered yesterday for collection this evening...just received a call to say they didn't have it in stock.... order cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not on shelf in clearwater this evening price was there so might have been stock recently they have the lego batman movie clayface set for €26.99 I think which is about €10 cheaper than retail few other bits and bobs will be going in for a proper look on Thursday when I've got the funds to browse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Ordered yesterday for collection this afternoon. I just received a call to say they didn't have it in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday for collection this afternoon. I just received a call to say they didn't have it in stock.
    Likewise - darn :( Thanks anyway OP and hope others got sorted out. Keep the Lego bargains coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No call but it was out of stock when I went to collect my order, as were about half my (regular) groceries so I told them to keep the entire order and went to Dunnes instead.

Got the call there cancelling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

rubadub wrote: »

the sliding down shutters brought me right back to being a kid, I had this set
    6382-1.jpg
    and I adored it as it was not restricted and was easily turned into other things. Too much lego these days seems to be a toy car with a few token "lego shapes" on top that bits could attach to.]

Snap! and funnily I ended up working for the fire service too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Went to collect my order and was handed a lesser set (police helicopter) and was told that the one I ordered wasn't in stock but sure here, this one was roughly the same price. Needless to say I returned it.
    3rd time I tried to click and collect something and 3rd time Tesco got it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

There are two left in Balbriggan and one left on the shelf in Drogheda, was in both this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

3 left in omni on top shelf (away from other Lego sets). Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Got a call as well, too much demand, order cancelled. Thanks anyway for the ba post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Got an email to cancel mine citing that they don't deliver toys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Order it for delivery yesterday but no phone call/email or delivery from them. It better not have come off my credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

how likely are tesco to restock? Do they normally just stock until sold out and leave it at that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Probably won't restock as it's on clearance

Advertisement