Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds From A Safe Harbour 2019 - Cork - September 12th to 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

s8n wrote: »
    elevator music

what sort of elevators are you using? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

New Jackson show at Dali has been cancelled. Replaced by someone named Pariah, who I am not familiar with.

Hoping to hear about the music trail and some of the smaller events soon.

Fingers crossed for some more Jon Hopkins style elevator music! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭mosstin

what sort of elevators are you using? :rolleyes:

Safe to say it doesn't go to the top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭fafy

2 gigs announced for the revamped “Kino” venue:

💗Odyssey // Todd Dahlhoff, Leslie Feist [
    @FeistMusic
    ] and Shazad Ismaily // Fri 13 Sept // 9pm // €25

💗Sir Was [
    @sir_Was_SE
    ]// Sat 14 Sept // 10pm // €15

Another lash of around 100 “Feist” tickets previously “sold out” (= organisers held back way too much), are now onsale on Cork Opera House.

Plenty of tickets left for the 3 performances of Swan Lake at COH, they are now doing clever meal deals, in an effort to shift tickets with the excellent: Paradiso, Isaacs, Good Day Deli(Nano Nagle Centre).

Final and full lineup is expected in the coming days, aswell as the free music trail also.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the free music trail. That had some really good stuff the last two festivals.

Lots of interesting stuff this year. I hope it does well even in the absence of the more familiar names.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

fafy wrote: »
    Another lash of around 100 “Feist” tickets previously “sold out” (= organisers held back way too much), are now onsale on Cork Opera House.

Plenty of tickets left for the 3 performances of Swan Lake at COH, they are now doing clever meal deals, in an effort to shift tickets with the excellent: Paradiso, Isaacs, Good Day Deli(Nano Nagle Centre).

Final and full lineup is expected in the coming days, aswell as the free music trail also.
    Any sign of more Damo Rice?

Any sign of more Damo Rice?

A few have come and gone, i am sorted, but i would expect to see more cone up, they held back more than 500 tickets, certainly 10% of that has already been released in last few weeks.

Keep checking COH website, is best advice

A few have come and gone, i am sorted, but i would expect to see more cone up, they held back more than 500 tickets, certainly 10% of that has already been released in last few weeks.

Keep checking COH website, is best advice

Bloody hell - that's about half the capacity isn't it? Very strange to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Just picked up 2 tickets from the Cork Opera House Site... 8 left as of now...

Edit: All gone unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Bagged 2 tickets for Damien Rice at around 12 today. Saw him in the Marquee a few years ago, brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Single ticket available there now

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I got a single ticket just there. Hopefully I find another one for the girlfriend or I'll be in trouble.

Free music trail announced - anyone have any recommendations? Not familiar with most of these.
    Taking place in over 30 venues across Cork city, these are just some of the faces you can expect to see on the trail:

FRIDAY:
    Sans Chateaux (album launch show) :: Boa Morte (album launch show) :: Jack O’Rourke :: Sam Clague :: Dan Walsh :: Bad Bones :: Gareth Quinn Redmond :: Paul T + Greg Crowley :: Bantum + Denis Chaila + God Knows

SATURDAY:
    Vinyl Brunch with DJ Ian Fiasco :: Shahzad Ismaily :: Gyda Valtysdottir :: Junior Brother :: Denise Chaila :: JFDR :: 37d03d Mixtape :: DJ Sally Cinnamon :: Gaff E :: David Chalmin/La Terre Invisible :: Crash Ensemble :: Metropolis Ensemble :: Nealo

SUNDAY:
    Drag Brunch :: I Have A Tribe :: Merope :: Slow Moving Clouds :: Lemoncello :: Dowry :: Emmet Kirwan :: Elaine Malone + Laurie Shaw :: Niall McCabe :: Joyero :: The Mary Wallopers.

SFSH is thrilled to partner with so many bars throughout the city including Crane Lane, Winthrop Avenue, River Lee Hotel, Sober Lane, The Roundy, Poor Relation, Crawford and Co, Tom Barrys and many more.

In a special free concert taking place at the Kino on Saturday 14th, Crash Ensemble, Ireland’s leading new music ensemble, celebrate the launch of CrashLands, the album. First premiered live in rural locations around Ireland in 2017, CrashLands is a studio recording of nineteen works by some of the leading composers of new music. They will also present the Cork premiere of Grey Area by local composer Sam Perkins.

In addition to the ticketed shows, the dons of house music in Cork, Fish Go Deep bring a late-night party to Cyprus Avenue, and local electronic trio HappyAlone and Dublin hip-hop artist Nealo will also appear across the weekend.

There will also be a number of exciting secret shows and pop-up events that will be announced about an hour before they happen over the weekend –keep a close eye on the SFSH social media for those.

EDIT: Listening to a few tracks this morning and I'd put Joyero and JFDR on a list of things I'd like to see, alongside Bad Bones, Bantum, Godknows and Denise Chaila.

Free music trail announced.

Is the Kino gig, a case of turning up, or do you need to reserve tickets ? I guess we’l know this week as full schedule expected this week.

Anyone know where 37d03d Mixtape will be on? Bon Iver to make a surprise appearance? He has a gap in his tour.

Is the Kino gig, a case of turning up, or do you need to reserve tickets ? I guess we’l know this week as full schedule expected this week.

In 2017, the only free gigs that required pre-registration were Big Red Machine at St Luke's and Justin Vernon in CIT school of music, I think. Everything else was just a matter of showing up but once something fills, you're turned away. With those two, they gave away tickets in the days before the festival started so keep an eye on their social media just to be safe.

I hope they confirm a few bits later in the week because I'd like to be able to plan what I can see!

Will be keeping an eye on the people mixtape. I don't expect Justin Vernon but I'd be hopeful of one of Feist or Damien Rice as well as Bryce Dessner and some small acts. But I am basing that on nothing so don't anyone get excited and blame me after!!

Mary Hickson was on the Point of Everything podcast this week and she suggested Damien and Feist will be doing a few extra gigs, but I think Feist might be included in a Kino show already and the Lhasa show, so that might be it for her. She kept emphasising that a lot of the line ups and the pop up shows will be decided on the week after they have a residency with some of the acts beforehand so its hard to know what to expect.

Tickets pinging in again for Damien Rice.

Tickets pinging in again for Damien Rice.

He’s the only one which are hard to come by only a few left for Feist, and plenty left for all the other COH gigs, but its likely more will pop up for both, due to the vast quantities,held before the original onsale.

Full timings and whole schedule, should be out in coming days. They need to be releasing this by Friday morning, at the latest, as festival officially starts next Tuesday with first performance of Swan Lake in COH, but i’d say we’l get it this Thursday.(eg later today)

Boa Morte confirmed the details of their show so would expect a bit more to come through too.
    Venue: Crane Lane Theatre
    Date: Friday Sep 13th
    Time: 7:30pm

We’ll be debuting some songs from our new album “Before There Was Air” with a full line-up including strings and synths.

....and it’s free in!!!

Can’t wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Looking forward to this and hope to get a few concerts in.
    Really great seeing this happening in Cork hope it gets well supported as some of the acts are really cool - fair play Mary Hickson. I listened to the podcast of her interview on the point of everything she is so down to earth … so jealous of her musical friendships :) .

Have been enjoying the Spotify playlist put together by the festival.

https://open.spotify.com/user/soundsfromasafeharbour/playlist/0yu8MJXWjb3GMuQTSpMINh?si=80glEZyqTcCpO4RmlD4uEw

Grandbrothers, Lhasa, Joyero and La Force are all standing out to me so far, as well as Feist and Efterklang.

They said on Facebook earlier that Christof Van der Ven will be there. Might be one of the secret shows?

I see Richard Perry gig in everyman has been cancelled …. pity was going to just walk into that on fly … think ill see Jack O Rourke instead …. been meaning to see him .

whatever76 wrote: »
    I see Richard Perry gig in everyman has been cancelled …. pity was going to just walk into that on fly … think ill see Jack O Rourke instead …. been meaning to see him .

Has it? That's a shame. Hadn't seen that anywhere.

Has it? That's a shame. Hadn't seen that anywhere.

yea I noticed it not on the official programme and checked Everyman Site and there is an update there of its cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

whatever76 wrote: »

balls, was hoping to go to that

• Advertisement

Jim Comic wrote: »
    balls, was hoping to go to that

There is an Efterklang album listening party happening at7pm on Saturday, limited to i understand 30 people, Band will be in attendance, and there are currently 8 tickets left, these are free, but you need a ticket.

Their new album is out in 2 weeks.

https://uticket.ie/event/efterklang-listening-party-

Here is the blurb:
    Efterklang Listening Party - Altid Sammen

Sounds From a Safe Harbour festival are delighted to present: An early listening party of Altid Sammen by Efterklang.

Following their show at Live at St. Lukes, Efterklang will make their way down to Household Linens for a very special pre-listening to their first album in 7 years, Altid Sammen. Come and enjoy this sonic experience tucked up in a bed! Shoes off please!

Altid Sammen, meaning “always together” in Danish, is deep and sonorous, steeped in the sonic experimentation that has long been Efterklang's trademark.

Advertisement