Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Input data to convert to XMLs

Options
  • 27-07-2019 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I am looking for a software/web app where I can input simple data and it converts into XML and JSON files (if no JSON that's fine) if that makes sense.

Something along the lines of having a basic template for Soccer schedules.

Or would this be something I'd actually need a product team to come up with?

I'd love to have some sort of 'entry' software, that has the headings in the picture below, and all I have to do is type in the small details and submit to update the XMLs.

Hope the question makes sense!

Uig0tX.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Take a look at this:
    https://github.com/MichielCM/xsd2html2xml

The author has an implementation of the above software running here:
    https://linguadata.nl/

You’ll need the XSD for your xml file.

Brian

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You could do this easily in Excel.
    What format is your data input going to be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm probably not describing it very well.

An example of a software (website) we have in work is below (it was designed years ago by our Engineers)

When I put in the scores for each hole for players on the below - It then translates into XML files that we have... Which then in turn send to client's IP addresses that are set up to receive them via HTTP Push. They'd also be on our server for clients to get from us via HTTP Get/HTTP Pull.

Golf Entry:

aAtObf.jpg

Golf Scores XML:

VvpfMG.jpg

Advertisement