Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backing up Joomla Website

• 25-05-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I have 2 small Joomla websites (One for a business and the other for a charity), one is hosted on GoDaddy and the other on LetsHost. What is the most comprehensive / best way to back up these websites, If all went wrong and all was lost I want to have a seperate copy of both that I could restore the websites with. Now these websites don't change much so I don't need something that would back up at regular intervals, just a way of backing up manually and keeping a copy of the website on a hard drive just in case.

I seen on the hosting website there was an option of back up and I have also heard of Akeeba, but I don't know what is best.
    Tagged:

Comments

YourName wrote: »
    I have 2 small Joomla websites (One for a business and the other for a charity), one is hosted on GoDaddy and the other on LetsHost. What is the most comprehensive / best way to back up these websites, If all went wrong and all was lost I want to have a seperate copy of both that I could restore the websites with. Now these websites don't change much so I don't need something that would back up at regular intervals, just a way of backing up manually and keeping a copy of the website on a hard drive just in case.

I seen on the hosting website there was an option of back up and I have also heard of Akeeba, but I don't know what is best.

Take it that you read the joomla documentation on this, it's been a long time since I worked with joomla, but it should be a database backup, and an ftp backup of the actual directories and files to your own machine or another storage location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Joomla is just PHP files and a database
    So backing it up shouldn't be that complicated.
    Most hosting providers offer some form of backup service that you can use

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shane7

Install Akeeba backup on the backend of your site. Its easy to install and simple to backup your site with it.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/akeeba-backup/

If you want 100% piece of mind go for the pro-version as you can backup the site locally such as to dropbox but in most cases such as a bad update the free version is fine. But akeeba is a must for any joomla site its an excellent extension

Personally I use the free version and keep a backup of my sites on my local server.

I use joomla all the time so if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Advertisement