Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo is autistic...allegedly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I think that's what Leo was talking about when he said there were nutters in Fine Gael.
    The nutters in his party are doing him no favours 10 days before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

She was a big supporter of the recent abortion Yes vote and FG had her upfront and centre at every chance. Media will quickly move on from this as she's on the 'right side'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭NSAman

SO of course zer is the best candidate. Didn’t you know a vagina trumps a penis anytime in politics nowadays.

I wonder if M(D)MA is what she was talking about when she said it should be banned....

All aboard... the intelligence bus is leaving (opps she missed it)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,505 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭MintyMagnum

He's done well for himself if that's the case, graduated as a doctor, in a long term relationship and leader of his country.

• Advertisement

The personification of education ≠ intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Oh great!! An issue at last!!!!

Just what we need. Loads of righteous outrage!!!!! Let's not talk about housing, or climate change, or Brexit, or the economy or anything important that it might be useful to hear what potential legislators have to say or what their plans might be. Let's focus on some bimbo's malapropism. That's what it's all about!!!

I think Catherine Noone is a prick. You don't? Fair enough. Agree to differ. End of story. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

How do you know that he's not on the spectrum?

Are you saying that he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

We're all on the "spectrum" FFS. That's why it's called a spectrum. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

I think it ties in with the Paddy Holohan stuff (his was worse) if you're a Senator or a TD or even a counsellor THINK before you speak!

A counsellor!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

All the important ****e we have to talk about and the "news" is running with this all day. Dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

We're all on the "spectrum" FFS. That's why it's called a spectrum.

"We" are not all on the spectrum.

It's called a spectrum because of the range of issues varies from one person with autism to another. e.g. some are non-verbal, some aren't, some are hypersensitive to noise some are not, some are hypersensitive to light some are not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

She is a lunatic. How she has got this far is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

No fan of Leo but that is a very snidey remark to make behind his back.

I doubt he is too pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Never thought I'd say this but FG have declined drastically since Kenny stood down as leader. They've gone from a dour - but steady - party to a running gag for headline writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Ha ha, that is fúcking hillarious. I thought the N word was nutter until i saw the bit at the end saying she'd never use "the N word":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Been trying to think how can the n word be used out of context.

"Which n***er took the last biscuit?"

Frankie Boyle once had an outraged punter tell him there was no context in which using the word "N****r" was acceptable and Frankie pointed that the punter just used the word.

This kind of Voldemort bull**** around words is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,312 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When I read the article I thought she said nutter not the other n word!

Bizarre choice that is unlikely to go unremarked on.

What was the n word if not nutter :o:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What was the n word if not nutter :o:confused:
    As somebody else already referred to...
    tenor.gif?itemid=9122198

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully after this election she is Catherine No one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So what if he is autistic, wouldn't it be great to show the world that a person on the spectrum can achieve a high position in government? I don't particularly care either way but autism is a cause close to my heart because of my kids and the ignorance displayed by Noone is astounding. She also had no right to disclose it if true.

I think it's a first for me. A high profile TD saying her party leader is socially inept and lacks empathy!

With friends like that...

I'm not FG or a Leo fan but I feel he and his government have handled Brexit well.

They've been satisfactory for me on most issues.

Unfortunately housing and health have been problems since the foundation of the state.

I always wonder why they can't implement a successful health system from another country even if it took 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,312 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Leo get the sympathy votes now

Is Aspergers the term more than Autism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Maybe she could double down and claim she suffers from tourette's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

True, I suppose. His tendency to continually lie through his teeth every time he opens his mouth might be a form of OCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just to point out that the term Aspergers is no longer used. This is mainly because of its association with a German Nazi doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Her mam was a psychiatrist. Though that doesn't mean she knows anything about mental health. She should have to cop on not to be sharing her inner thoughts with journalists. I think she's naive, not malicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Leo will be delighted with this. First ethnicity, then sexuality and now he can add autism to his portfolio. Truly a Taoiseach for 21st century Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Her mam was a psychiatrist. Though that doesn't mean she knows anything about mental health. She should have to cop on not to be sharing her inner thoughts with journalists. I think she's naive, not malicious.

Yes, I'm sure she wouldn't want the public knowing what an utter gobsh1te she is.

Advertisement