Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festool?

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I saw another carpenter with a Festool circular saw. Haven't seen much of their tools before It looked a nice machine Have yany of you any views in them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bitbuilder

garhelen,

I used one at a show in london earlier in the year. They are without doubt high quality machines - and realy come into their own with the included straight edge guides (make sure if you get one to get at leats one guide included). I am still seriously considering buying one, though at nearly €600 it's a very expensive circular saw!

for more in depth discusion try here:
    Fetool discusion

bb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

They had a stand at one of the exhibitions in the RDS, the tools look brilliant especially the straight edge and plunge feature, I am almost sure that saw could be upgraded to a table saw.

The price is heavy but that depends on the type of use you are going to give them and of course the respect every user has for the tools.

In one week I had a Hitachi fall from a height and the casing cracked, then a makita was kicked off a scaffold and the plate was bent, it still works but a replacement plate is almost as expensive as new saw.

Advertisement