Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you use out and about?

• 12-08-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

If you use a provari do you just stick with that while you are out and about or do you use something smaller?
    I go between a provari and a roller and holy crap the amount of looks I get is unreal! Even cars slow down!
    I am beginning to think i need something a bit more discreet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

If you use a provari do you just stick with that while you are out and about or do you use something smaller?
    I go between a provari and a roller and holy crap the amount of looks I get is unreal! Even cars slow down!
    I am beginning to think i need something a bit more discreet.

When I need to be discreet I generally use a twist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

or one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Used to use my zmax out an about but got tired of people asking me.. "what is that?" etc, etc.
    Now I use a twist and an evod and it does the job grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I don't care what I use or what looks or questions I get. Usually I'm happy to explain as it might help someone else switch. However if I'm not wanting to talk to anyone people generally catch the negative vibes and leave me well alone ;-)

The question for me is what best fits the situation. If I'm not out long the evod starter kit I got recently is perfect. Very light weight and durable and fairly decent vape with 1.8ohm heads.

The beauty of that setup is its pocket safe. Small and lightweight. Won't pull my trousers down like a vamo and a wallet and phone in my pockets can. Plus safe because of the 5 click protection I can turn them off. Most small mech mods don't have this feature as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I use my Ego3 with Kanger T3 while out.

Was out saturday night, and was going to the afters in a house after the night club, my battery was dying and couldnt find my other one when I flew home so had to bring my SVD and Protank to the party.

I was generally looked at as taking drugs all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Twist or itaste with evod or mini protank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

SMOK mini battery,Dream tank at 1.7-1.9 ohms with a kanger protank collar thing.Fits nice and works excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

How long does the SMOK mini battery last?

If it's 350mah does that mean it will last about a third as long as a 900mah?

Would it do you for a night out, or would you need another one in the pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I use my Ego3 with Kanger T3 while out.

Was out saturday night, and was going to the afters in a house after the night club, my battery was dying and couldnt find my other one when I flew home so had to bring my SVD and Protank to the party.

I was generally looked at as taking drugs all night

I was in the venue/smoking area of the Grand Social on saturday night with a 650mah twist and a mini protank billowing clouds of El Toro virginia prime...

Got loads of funny looks and had at least 5 people come up and ask me what it was...

First time I've been out in town vaping.... need something a bit more stealth instead of having to spend my whole night talking about vaping with strangers, where I got it, how it works, is it keeping me off smokes.....

Don't mind 10 or 15 mins but not the whole evening :D

DublinCJM wrote: »

350mah would do me in the slightest for a night out

For me I love vaping, I basically vape from when I wake up to when I go asleep, and because of this I feel better, and also I havnt toughed a cig for a long time now :)

So i personally carry the bigger battery (ego3 which isnt that big in fairness) with my clero well filled and vape away for the night, i just dont think a smaller battery is worth the hastle of smoking on a night out and ruin the vaping streak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I still use my twin 18650 at all tmes bar festivals. Looks insane to most vapers, never mind people who haven't seen a PV before but...who cares?

grindle wrote: »
    I still use my twin 18650 at all tmes bar festivals. Looks insane to most vapers, never mind people who haven't seen a PV before but...who cares?

Have you got a pic of your set up? Interested to see the size of twin 18650

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

DublinCJM wrote: »

I could usually get a night out on one battery if I treat it like a cigarette.I always take two though.

Probably an hour and a half to 2 hours moderate vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I could usually get a night out on one battery if I treat it like a cigarette.I always take two though.

Probably an hour and a half to 2 hours moderate vaping.

Same here. If I'm feeling really brave though I whip out my 650.
    Two but usually three mini's are generally what I bring to work and out AND the 650, afraid of my life they'd pack up, as things usually do all at once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Dingo in 18350 with S & P tank and killer when working

Same tank but GP Paps Lux, 18500 and kick for relaxing at home.

A7 if I'm in a drippy mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Have you got a pic of your set up? Interested to see the size of twin 18650

With an 18650, loyalty card and Drawtube in 18650-mode for scale:

4vEsjgV.jpg

grindle wrote: »
    With an 18650, loyalty card and Drawtube in 18650-mode for scale:

4vEsjgV.jpg

That's some yoke :O I love it!!

To be honest I'm just gonna use my SVD as a daily now! Started this morning and I don't care what people think

Only gonna use the ego for when the jean pockets are too small for the SVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Either an ego-twist or my new iTaste V3, with a slim clearo, like the iClear 16 or an evod attached. If I'm out for a while, I'll stick a few spare batteries in the jacket pocket just in case and small bottle of juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Igo-L/W and a bottle of Juice, I dont mind having to fill up, also I vape whats in the Igo till its damp, that way less leakages. I really hated leaky clearo's. UDT-L has now been replaced buy a Sigelei 19b, with a spare 18350 battery.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Do you still get asked whats that? anywhare I go theirs a few other people vaping, smokers have started complaining that it's getting hard to find someone with a lighter they can 'borrow'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement