Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dripping. How does it work?

Options
  • 11-03-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

If I understand this fully, then you just drip on to your silica wick. If that's the case then can I block up the tank holes in the AGA-S and use it as a dripper? If so, how does that work? Do I fill the chamber up with silica?

Want to be able to switch vapes quickly.

Also, does anyone know when this is opening?
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

You need to buy a decent dripper like the Clockworks RDA. It's an empty chamber with a drip tip. The coil is attached to the 2 posts inside the chamber and the wick just lies on the base of the chamber and wicks up from there. When you want to change the coil or wick you just make a new one and attach to the posts.

The Bulli is the same concept and arguably gives a better flavour but is more difficult to set up and only holds about 5 drops whereas the Clockworks RDA holds about 15 drops.

There are cheaper options like the A7 (fiddly but good), Phoenix, Vision Eternity etc but won't last like the RDA or Bulli.

Actually, you could buy a 306 or even a 510 atty and they'll do the same but are not rebuildable and only hold about 2 drops before leaking out the bottom.

Nothing is as good as dripping for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

What about the IGO-L? Very cheap at the moment (cost is a major factor).

Also, something I don't get. Are people dripping directly on to the silica or are they just filling the tank up with juice?

Also, would I need to change the coil to change flavour, or (depending on the flavour) can I just work through the old one to a new one?

Thanks for the reply, very informative!

EDIT: I should also say, I've seen the phoenix, but I use ego batts and It just looks way too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

jamie72 wrote: »
    If I understand this fully, then you just drip on to your silica wick. If that's the case then can I block up the tank holes in the AGA-S and use it as a dripper? If so, how does that work? Do I fill the chamber up with silica?

Want to be able to switch vapes quickly.

Also, does anyone know when this is opening?
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm

As described, some drippers hold more juice then others. can get flooded easy if filled too much.
    Too much hassle for me, although taste and vape is nice, its more of a home solution due to refilling.
    A nice genny or/and tank system is favorite in my book.

No clue when e-smoke stocking this, ask him here or FB.
    In the meantime: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/35-diy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

most flavours you wont have to change the coil,you might have to with some juiecs.. they're just so strong they won't go anywhere

one or two juices require taking the attie apart, washing it and then recoiling.. but most of the time you just drip in new juice and away you go.

As described, some drippers hold more juice then others. can get flooded easy if filled too much.
    Too much hassle for me, although taste and vape is nice, its more of a home solution due to refilling.
    A nice genny or/and tank system is favorite in my book.

No clue when e-smoke stocking this, ask him here or FB.
    In the meantime: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/35-diy

I have my two T2s that I use for cigarillos, which I just cannot get bored of. I get bored of sweet juices quickly, but I love them. So I want to try a dripper for at home.

Cost, taste, vapour and ego-size are the main things I need to cover, in that order :p

Anyone have the IGO-L?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I agree, silica dripping is the way to get the best flavour out of most juices. Especially sweet and fruit juices.

Although I find certain sweet juices taste way better with a stainless steel wick.

Prime example, GVC which is meant to not be used in a genesis atomiser, according to maker of the juice, is how I get the best flavour from it. It does not taste as good in a silica wicked dripper.

Wingnuts cookies & cream on the other hand can not be used in a genesis for me, silica all the way. But Pschelas famous five layer, which I thought was wrank while dripping, is beautiful in a genesis. :confused:

The Igo-L is great, had two of them, still have one. Talk about value for money! It's every bit as good as the coil you can do in it.

When changing flavours in it I rinse it under the tap and either let it dry outor pat it dry with kitchen towel and dry burn it.

superneat wrote: »
    I agree, silica dripping is the way to get the best flavour out of most juices. Especially sweet and fruit juices.

Although I find certain sweet juices taste way better with a stainless steel wick.

Prime example, GVC which is meant to not be used in a genesis atomiser, according to maker of the juice, is how I get the best flavour from it. It does not taste as good in a silica wicked dripper.

Wingnuts cookies & cream on the other hand can not be used in a genesis for me, silica all the way. But Pschelas famous five layer, which I thought was wrank while dripping, is beautiful in a genesis. :confused:

The Igo-L is great, had two of them, still have one. Talk about value for money! It's every bit as good as the coil you can do in it.

When changing flavours in it I rinse it under the tap and either let it dry outor pat it dry with kitchen towel and dry burn it.

Just what I wanted to hear!

What's the draw like? I hate tight draws.

I find it great, I like a stiff draw, which it kind of is, but it's not like the vapor has to travel far, so it doesn't feel like you're sucking a golf ball through a straw or anything.

One thing to keep in mind about most of the drippers is that they tend to leak....ones with the airhole at the side anyway.

The A7 doesn't leak but the draw is very airy.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

The Igo-L I found the draw is tight. There is one small hole on the side of it, which you can drill bigger with a 1.5mm drill bit and it really opens up the draw. Like Hornet says if you set it on it's side it leaks (because of the hole). The A7 doesn't leak and the A7 (with a ego skirt adaptor) looks really good on an eGo.

• Advertisement

The bigger room to work with the IGO-L is pushing me in that direction. It's my first time trying this so it looks easier for beginners. I'm planning on drilling out the air hole straight away for a better draw.

The bigger room to work with the IGO-L is pushing me in that direction. It's my first time trying this so it looks easier for beginners. I'm planning on drilling out the air hole straight away for a better draw.

My advice would be to try it before you drill out the hole. See how it vapes before you make any adjustments.

Yeah, a few people are complaining of a metal taste from the A7 as well. Why are these things never a simple choice!

That was probably me.....not sure what caused it but I've looked it up and it seems that they need a good clean when you get them to remove oil residues.

I boiled mine after reading that and the taste is gone now.

It is too airy though. I must use a cocktail stick in one of the airholes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

airier even than a bulli?!

airier even than a bulli?!

Yeah.

To each his own though.

I keep my T2 barely screwed on to my ego to make it airy as hell. I hate straining to take a pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

illicit007 wrote: »
    The Igo-L I found the draw is tight. There is one small hole on the side of it, which you can drill bigger with a 1.5mm drill bit and it really opens up the draw. Like Hornet says if you set it on it's side it leaks (because of the hole). The A7 doesn't leak and the A7 (with a ego skirt adaptor) looks really good on an eGo.
    Yeah, it does look good, got the skirt just there, also ordered a stainless (effect) 1000mah ego c to go with it, looks the dogs if I say so myself, bit of a mix match of finishes, ss, chrome, darker chrome of a7 but its like they were all made for each other, ego c goes up to 4.2V, a ghetto version of a mech mod if you will ;-) tupac would have been proud, but superneat is gonna be green with envy :-D

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Yeah, it does look good, got the skirt just there, also ordered a stainless (effect) 1000mah ego c to go with it, looks the dogs if I say so myself, bit of a mix match of finishes, ss, chrome, darker chrome of a7 but its like they were all made for each other, ego c goes up to 4.2V, a ghetto version of a mech mod if you will ;-) tupac would have been proud, but superneat is gonna be green with envy :-D

Pic?

Pic?
    Cant!

• Advertisement

That was probably me.....not sure what caused it but I've looked it up and it seems that they need a good clean when you get them to remove oil residues.

I boiled mine after reading that and the taste is gone now.

It is too airy though. I must use a cocktail stick in one of the airholes.
    Just discovered you can adjust the air flow on the a7 a bit with the 3.5ml dct thread cover, theres about half a thread of slack on the thread cover when its all put together, and you can twist it to adjust it, hope that makes sense!!

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    superneat is gonna be green with envy :-D

I'm just getting over my shiniy-itis and now I can I feel a dose of gottahaveit-itis flaring up!! :o

Just got my IGO-L this morning. Made my first coil (only took around 30 mins!), came out a bit high at 2.3ohm. Only batt I had charged was the standard EGO which runs at 3.7V. Coil looked to be producing vapor fine, so I gave it a lash. It absolutely ripped the throat from me! No flavour at all. Wonder what could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Airhole not facing directly onto the coil?

grindle wrote: »
    Airhole not facing directly onto the coil?

No, it is.

I shouldn't have tried a new juice with this on my first go, because I'm not sure what's going on. The throat hit is EXTREME, way too much. Vape appears to be the right consistency etc.

I just got Liqua vanilla in the post this morning as well and I was using that to test. Now I don't know if the Vanilla just has a huge throat hit or what. I'm going to clean it out and try it with something I'm familiar with.

EDIT: it's a nice small device altogether btw: http://i.imgur.com/MTz9To5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Maybe get a DCT thread skirt for the eGo? Looks like a funky hammer as it is.
    Ugh, I'm becoming one of those shallow superficial vapers... I'll be whinging about gaps next.

I'm holding out for the Nimbus atty so I can stop tempting myself to drill another hole in this RDA chamber, but I'm pushing a friend into buying the iGo at the moment, seems almost too easy to set up.

Maybe get a DCT thread skirt for the eGo? Looks like a funky hammer as it is.
    Ugh, I'm becoming one of those shallow superficial vapers... I'll be whinging about gaps next.

I'm holding out for the Nimbus atty so I can stop tempting myself to drill another hole in this RDA chamber, but I'm pushing a friend into buying the iGo at the moment, seems almost too easy to set up.

I bought this over the A7 as it's supposed to be easier to work with. It was hard for a beginner, especially since they only give you enough wick/wire for one feckin coil!!!

As for the look, this is only for home use, I couldn't care less what it looks like. Just pointing out how minuscule it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

like this....? :pac:

8560266094_dfcd010c76_n.jpg

i'm really liking the igo-l so far. dumping in about 20 drops at a time. and the flavour?? - ermagherd.

What way do you position this airhole? Saying 'in front of the coil' is a bit ambiguous with the way the coil sits in the thing.

• Advertisement

OH WOW. Just put in some Swedish fish, and even at 3.7V this thing is rocking! Just rinsed with a little water, then dried with tissue, and it was ready to go again.

Best €12 spent in a while!

EDIT: I'm actually going to retry grants custard. It's been steeped that long it's nearly black.

Advertisement