Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all cabinet makers ... need to price a pantry cabinet!

Options
  • 22-05-2016 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

So I've been designing a pantry cabinet for the kitchen of our new house. It's to be built into an existing red brick feature chimney breast that's currently occupied by a dated and redundant Hamco 2000 oil fired range.

I want to use 18mm birch faced plywood for the carcass and 12mm birch faced ply for the drawers and shelves inside. The drawers are to be on full extension runners and the two big drawers on the bottom are to be on runners rated for a heavy weight (~50kg maybe) as they will be for a lot pots and pans, incl cast iron ones.

For the doors I'm thinking the same ply with hardwood face frames. Or possibly just pine face frames and paint the whole thing, not 100% sure yet.

Roughly speaking, how much would I be looking at for labour? And if the price was to include materials?

Also I'm in Carlow town so if anyone wants to do the job either let me know and we'll organise a meeting to have a look at it.

20160522_190518.jpg

20160522_190512.jpg

20160522_190503.jpg

pantry%20cabinet.jpg

pantry%20cabinet2.jpg

pantry%20cabinet3.jpg

pantry%20cabinet4.jpg

pantry%20cabinet5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Ross townsend interiors out the Blackbog Road is a great cabinet maker. He is on facebook or Google. New Haven kitchens are good also in kearnestown industrial estate are good we supply doors and that to them. Loads more in town also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Thanks Iano, will call them in the morning. I'm tempted to tackle it myself but I know it would take me ages and I'd have a hard time getting the level of finish I would for something that will be such a prominent piece of the kitchen.

I haven't worked out the cut list yet but will do tomorrow and should be able to price the materials fairly accurately myself but if any of our cabinet makers could give me an idea of what to expect for labour, that would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

You could try it yourself take your time you will get a great feeling doing it yourself. Byrnes in graigue sell the ply I think it's about 45ish for 8x4 sheet and they will cut it down too if you need which will make it easier for you. They do hinges and drawer sliders aswell. Ask for a deal on it all. If you need any advice let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Byrne's will have all you need and as iano said they will cut it for you also , telescopic drawer runners should handle 50 kgs , 18 mm birch ply is 65 to 70 a sheet and 12 mm is around 50

Advertisement