Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    About 30 mins after eating asparagus my wee absolutely stinks. Is it just me?

That's the thing, they didn't even do that! So, either they were crappy asparagus, or my sense of taste and smell have gone to pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It is a disgusting thing. The smell is vile. I try to avoid asparagus just because of this.

ha ha.
    Ever been to a wedding where asparagus was served - some stink in the jacks!!

I love asparagus - I kinda get a kick out of the stinky pee, too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I kinda get a kick out of the stinky pee, too!!

This really is the thread that keeps on giving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

It is a disgusting thing. The smell is vile. I try to avoid asparagus just because of this.

Antibiotics make mine the same or sometimes after a hot curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The one heavy shower this morning, and I got caught out in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Porklife wrote: »
    Locked myself out of my apartment... again.
    Needed milk so got the baby into the pram despite his best efforts to squirm away, realised as soon as I closed the door that I'd left the keys on the table.
    Milk that should cost 75 cents suddenly cost me 150 euro and a 45 minute wait for a smug locksmith who told me I should try be more careful and always check i have my keys before leaving the apartment.
    Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing that out. Here I was thinking how much fun being locked out with a newborn wailing is ��

Porklife congratulations ,delighted to hear you have had the baby.Boy or girl.Sorry if ive missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I subscribed to a new magazine, issue #1, the day it was available, and after a month of waiting, I ended up getting two copies of issue #2. Apparently with every subscription you buy, you'll receive a copy of the next month instead of the first month, so unless you physically go to a shop to buy it, you'll never receive the first issue.

The problem with this, for me, is the magazine I'm subscribed to is fair difficult to find in shops, which is the whole reason I subscribed online in the first place. I ended up wasting my entire credit on their landline asking for it to be sorted out. They said they'll send me a copy of the first issue and extend my subscription by an extra month.

DON'T ADVERTISE A NEW MAGAZINE IF YOU CAN'T GET THE FIRST ISSUE ONLINE - DOPES.

Yes, I still buy print magazines. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭sporina

ha ha.

ha ha - that v funny... lol.. the thoughts of it :eek:

asparagus is an aphrodisiac too.. so no doubt a bit of a baby boom after such a wedding.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I love asparagus and have a big bed ready and prepared for planting in the autumn or spring. Then wait till the third year before I can harvest it.

Had some in my old garden and used to eat the delicious spears raw straight from the plant sometimes.

Grilled and served with bacon and a poached egg is also delicious. You wouldn't touch shop bought asparagus once you have tasted fresh from the plant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Same with cherries, but beggars can't be choosers.

But asparagus, the white ones especially, can still be delicious (although I agree with you, they lose a lot of flavour after picking) - I've bought freshly picked ones from places that had them in vats of water, they were to die for. These Lidl ones were dire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The number 1 button on my TV remote control doesn't work, pain in the ass having to go to the 200's and scroll down the channels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

wildwillow wrote: »
    I love asparagus and have a big bed ready and prepared for planting in the autumn or spring. Then wait till the third year before I can harvest it.

Had some in my old garden and used to eat the delicious spears raw straight from the plant sometimes.

Grilled and served with bacon and a poached egg is also delicious. You wouldn't touch shop bought asparagus once you have tasted fresh from the plant.

This year and last, we've been getting it direct from a farm - picked that day.
    It's expensive but it's a treat for a few weeks of the year.
    We ate, literally kilos of the stuff!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ha ha.

Dear God. I can't believe I didn't think of that when I got married. Asparagus would have definitely been on the menu :pac:

grrrr... in my car, if I leave the key in the ignition and the door open, I get this beep beep alarm that goes off till I close the door or take out the key.. its sooo annoying.. (i am sure there is a reason why they did this but i would rather they hadn't bothered)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

sporina wrote: »
    grrrr... in my car, if I leave the key in the ignition and the door open, I get this beep beep alarm that goes off till I close the door or take out the key.. its sooo annoying.. (i am sure there is a reason why they did this but i would rather they hadn't bothered)

It prevents theft. I have the same thing in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm trying to sort through my clothes and decide what to dump/keep and is fit for the charity shop or not.

It prevents theft. I have the same thing in my car.

I assume its to ensure that you don't leave the car without taking your key out of the ignition.. but like, yday - i was having a cuppa in the car and just wanted to leave the door open for air but beep beep beep.. grr..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I just sent an email to a customer saying "Thank you for sharting" instead of thank you for sharing.

I hate typos.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Same in mine. It's so you don't forget your key in the car.

TA'd when apps you've been using for a long time force you to update and the update is full of annoying, intrusive ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭boardlady

Not a TA, but while stinky pee was mentioned ... eating beetroot makes my pee pink for a while after. Also a think I hear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I assume its to ensure that you don't leave the car without taking your key out of the ignition.. but like, yday - i was having a cuppa in the car and just wanted to leave the door open for air but beep beep beep.. grr..

Yeah that's it. I'm half asleep today. I find it annoying too

boardlady wrote: »
    Not a TA, but while stinky pee was mentioned ... eating beetroot makes my pee pink for a while after. Also a think I hear!

I got such a scare last year.. my stools wer dark red/black... I thought.. OMG - is that blood? do I have cancer? I was almost making an app to see my GP - but then I remembered, I'd had fresh beetroot for lunch 2 days in a row... it was the bloody beetroot making my stools that colour.. thank god I copped before going to my GP.. :eek:

Didn't notice my pee pink though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I got such a scare last year.. my stools wer dark red/black... I thought.. OMG - is that blood? do I have cancer? I was almost making an app to see my GP - but then I remembered, I'd had fresh beetroot for lunch 2 days in a row... it was the bloody beetroot making my stools that colour.. thank god I copped before going to my GP.. :eek:

Didn't notice my pee pink though..

Same thing happened me! It seemed to be fresh beetroot that caused it, the picked stuff is always ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I had a freak-out with black stools a couple of years ago.

Black (or white) stools are supposed to be the two you should really worry about. Internal bleeding shows up as black stools.

Turned out to be a stupid charcoal-infused black burger bun I ate at a restaurant that was trying too hard to be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

I had a freak-out with black stools a couple of years ago.

Black (or white) stools are supposed to be the two you should really worry about. Internal bleeding shows up as black stools.

Turned out to be a stupid charcoal-infused black burger bun I ate at a restaurant that was trying too hard to be cool.

White? :eek: haven't known of a white one since the white dog poo phenomenon of the 1980s.

I once dropped a glass one litre bottle of beetroot juice right at the tills in a big Tesco and it exploded everywhere. It looked like a horror movie with the deep red on the white tiles, and all the grannies were gathering around saying, oh Lord Jesus what's happened, Mary and Joseph help us would you lòok at that. And it went absolutely everywhere, took ages to clean with threee of us doing it, and the streaks from wiping looked like bloody handprints dragged across the floor :)

Archeron wrote: »
    White? :eek: haven't known of a white one since the white dog poo phenomenon of the 1980s.

I once dropped a glass one litre bottle of beetroot juice right at the tills in a big Tesco and it exploded everywhere. It looked like a horror movie with the deep red on the white tiles, and all the grannies were gathering around saying, oh Lord Jesus what's happened, Mary and Joseph help us would you lòok at that. And it went absolutely everywhere, took ages to clean with threee of us doing it, and the streaks from wiping looked like bloody handprints dragged across the floor :)

IIRC, white (or very light coloured faeces) are a symptom of pancreatic problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

New Home wrote: »
    IIRC, white (or very light coloured faeces) are a symptom of pancreatic problems.

Or too much bone in your diet.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Or too much bone in your diet.

Ooh matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is it a tiguan by any chance?. Or vw ?. Mines like that and its irritating as hell. I've searched and I get find a way around it :(

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Is it a tiguan by any chance?. Or vw ?. Mines like that and its irritating as hell. I've searched and I get find a way around it :(

no its a Toyota Yaris... annoying as hell - and no need for it imo. like as if you would forget your car keys.. I'd actually love an alarm for when you leave your lights on.. there is one but it only sounds inside the car.. not much use if you get out v fast.. as a result I have left my lights on a few times... hope my battery is ok... my previous Yaris had such an alarm but you could hear it clearly when outside the car.. much better grr..

Advertisement