Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

George Clooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There are many who I despise for many reasons, but there others, bar a few, I have no idea why.

RTE whenever they do the 'remembering Gerry Ryan' but leaving out the details of how he died...never forget.

Katharine Thomas-comes across as a nice person, but annoys me completely.
    Dara O'Brian and Ed Byrne-the former is still funny, the latter gets a chuckle out of me once in a while
    Daithi O'Se (As a kerry man, I don't know where that accent came from).
    Maura Derrane
    Claire Byrne (I can explain that tho-her many affairs, wrecking two marriages one her own and one anothers, her 'trying to get married to a divorc?, in a church-but not understanding no divorced person can marry in a church', her seeming 'holier than thou' attitude, and you know she's someone who thinks the world owes her something.)
    It's painful to say Ray D'arcy-he was my childhood, but yeah.
    Lucy Kennedy-can't watch anything she's in. I will watch that show she does with Martin King (who I can tolerate, he's grand when he's not doing the weather) when she's not on it.
    Samantha Mumba-seems to always appear every couple of years.
    Many of the so-called feminists that are in print or on tv. Some are so clueless, it's ridiculous.
    Xpose-all of em.
    David Walliams-probably a decent guy, but irritates me.
    The Osbournes-tho I still listen to Black Sabbath.
    Tommy Carr commenting on a football match (Turn it down, switch on the radio instead).
    Ant and Dec-seem genuinely nice guys, switch off the tV.
    Chery Cole/ Versini/Tweedy-she's a right Payne-I can't Bear her ;)
    Ryan Tubridy
    Gordon Ramsey-I genuinely feel that he puts off people who love cooking from doing so.
    Marco Pierre White
    Ditto Stephen Fry-well, current Fry-but for different reasons. He pops up in way too much TV shows/ movies-I mean. And he's always miscast. All I see is Stephen Fry, nothing more. Again, not a bad guy, just not right for the role. (He's great in BlackAdder, and Fry and Laurie).
    Cameron Diaz.
    Nuala Carey.
    Amy Huberman-not her fault (Again, comes across as really down to earth) but the irish media are OBSESSED with her, as are so many in media. Argghh.
    Stephen Ammell from Arrow-again, nice guy, just stopped me getting into that show.
    Matt Smith from Dr Who.

Piers morgan

Prob an ok journalist.....but an utter bellend as a person
    Nope-he's just awful all round.

Remember why he's no longer a journo-outside of the phone tapping, there was the 'printing false images and claiming them as legit' that got him fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Bill Nye. Completely irrational dislike till i saw his new series. Now complete rational dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jason Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Natalie Portman, I don't know why but I can't tolerate her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ben Affleck.

I dont know why.

I like his acting, I like his directing of films such as Argo and The Town.

I think he is a good Batman.

I even liked Dogma.

But for some reason, I just want to slap him with a slipper and im not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Brian o Driscoll

I just can't stand the man. Totally inexplicable and nothing at all to do with that strange smirk he appears to wear at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Johnny Sexton. Always has a face like a slapped arse...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Number 1 Joan Burton

• Advertisement

Arlene Foster.

Theresa May.

She's going down the third wave feminist route as well whinging about lack of females on air - not to do with the fact she's a bore, blabbing on about kids and having a twitter account - I think mccloone and Dempsey are the only two now on today fm i actually I like anymore after years of listening

Oh yeah-her twitter is becoming a cesspit. She tweets with the usual folks, LoN, UM, and RMC. They all seem to be trying to get jewellery off of Newbridge.

There are legit deejays, who are women, on the radio, and TV. Muireann O'Connell is really talented. She's entertaining on TV, and refreshingly honest. The stuff she points out on twitter - is actual legit craziness, not just stuff that she's pulled out of nowhere. She has her views, obv, but she don't preach about it. We don't get a 'waaaah-why am i single' on her twitter feed. Nope, just a person who has fun and enjoys life. Curtis is just becoming a female D'arcy-ie talk about family and the kids. Just play music and let it go.
    There's a reason why Michelle Doherty won an award, not curtis.

That said-there is often an irritating 'nepotism' element ot radio and tv in ireland.

Maggie Thatcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    did Gerry Adams go to her Funeral.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Did he send a Mass card?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Helen Mirren

Cannot stand the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Rita Ora

• Advertisement

Kim Jong Un.

Vladimir Putin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ray D'Arcy.
    I want to hurt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I was going to write down a list of prodigious length, but then realised that I have good reason to hate each and every one of them.

Maybe Luke "Ming" Flanagan. Talked the talk about being a change from the usual parish pump politics, but was just a Healy Rae with a more varied wardrobe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gwyneth Paltrow - she's pretty inoffensive at least for me yet i almost snarl when i see a pic or hear mention of her. Inexplicable, i usually come up with some reason

Craig Doyle(?) Was it just me or was he on every television ad and on the panel of a load of shows too? The man is magnolia yet irks me with murderous rage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Great thread.
    I needed a laugh.

Politicians with made up Irish names, who always say "the north of Ireland" or "the 26 counties" never "Northern Ireland".
    And those rich-boy politicians on the left that are always protesting for the working class, even though they were and remain upper class.

Tom Cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

These three deserve a mention for being so superior.
    Duncan "isn't that right" Stewart
    Eamon "windmills and solar energy" Ryan
    Dermot "you won't be happy with yourself unless you spend another €50,000" Bannon

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Rita Ora

I used to feel the same way-but now I kind of pity her...seems like everything she does either A) Turns to muck (the ad she did for a mobile phone legit drove people mental) or B) she gets replaced. When she was on the X Factor, she was fired after one series-she then did America's Next Top Model, and got fired after one season. (Tyra's came back).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Jimmy Fallon. He is funny, good at what he does and has great rapport with his guests, but something bugs me about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ed Sheeran can't believe I didn't mention him already that Galway girl song makes my ears bleed.

Advertisement