Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cortez the Killer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No. Not by a long shot.

The best song ever written is 'We like to Party' by The Vengaboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ronan Keating covering Fairytale of New York is the greatest cover song

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

PsychoPete wrote: »

We know Eoghan McDermott's user name now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Everyone knows that music peaked with My Girlfriend has a Mobile Phone by Richie Kavanagh

That's not even the best version of that song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We very nearly sent thsi to the Eurovision (when we took it seriously)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

That's not even the best version of that song

But to give credit where its due, they took the Neil Young spirit of extended live versions go heart.

Apparently Young had played an extra verse for this song during recording but they ran out of tape unknownst to him, and he decided not to bother rerecording it, just faded the song out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I hope and pray that your on the cocaine and acid based bender lashed in with vast amounts of alcohol. If not I pray your taking the piss. If you believe to any extent that your above statement is true. Then I urgently appeal to members of boards mods included that we should arrange for some sort of intervention for the above poster. Because realistically anybody out there that thinks keatings version of fairytales shouldn't be destroyed with immediate effect is tone deaf. Anybody who listens to this version of a classic should be incarcerated until further notice. If PP is joking well its a sick joke that only hannibal lecture would play on his victims.
    Amnesty international released a statemen calling for the ban of torture in 40plus countries were the detainees have to listen to keating singing fairytale played on a loop system

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DirkG

But to give credit where its due, they took the Neil Young spirit of extended live versions go heart.

Yeah, they got the aimlessness down pat, and picked a great song to have a go at.

“He came dancing across the water” NY’s best ever lyric IMHO, sinister and evocative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

When I'm dictator your death will be slow and painful.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Could this be the greatest song ever?

Embedding fail!

But yeah, it's a fantastic song. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Another good version, although I think the original is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Your Face wrote: »
    No. Not by a long shot.

The best song ever written is 'We like to Party' by The Vengaboys.

Fúck you anyway!

Now I have to go out, get drunk and snort blow in a field while reliving the ultimate 90's night out!

Trying to score a cab home with no MyTaxi or Uber...
    Then realising the bird your shifting wasn't even born when the song was originally released :(

Damn this failing body of mine!

Advertisement