Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproof a garage

Options
  • 28-06-2020 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi. Anyone here have any experience building a soundproofed studio in a garage in a residential area. Did you do it yourself or get pros in? Would it be possible to build a room within a room without pros? Do neighbours complain especially considering soundproofing is not 100%? Many thanks if you can help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well there's a few things to consider.

* How big is the space available to use?
    * How much sound is currently leaking out / what frequencies?
    * What are you planning on doing it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

Well there's a few things to consider.

* How big is the space available to use?
    * How much sound is currently leaking out / what frequencies?
    * What are you planning on doing it in?

Hi. Its 20ft by 20ft.
    It would be full sound leakage right now as I'm at the start. Big huge black metal gates being a big issue, I plan to build a stud wall and door behind these.
    Plan to use it for drums and a band so itll be loud with the drums.

tony stark wrote: »
    Hi. Its 20ft by 20ft.
    It would be full sound leakage right now as I'm at the start. Big huge black metal gates being a big issue, I plan to build a stud wall and door behind these.
    Plan to use it for drums and a band so itll be loud with the drums.

Im thinking will stud walls an inch away from the brickwork with rockwool and 2 or 3 sheets of plaster board or tecsound with green glue do the job or will I have to treat the brick work as well. Any help much appreciated

Ill be reomving big gates and building wall and smaller door instead. Any suggestions or recommendations much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement