Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2019 purchases

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    Bought this in Woodies for my little boy's room...even though he's not old enough to be sleeping in it yet but, I couldn't resist!! It's a grey and white woodland theme so this fits in perfectly. I'm actually tempted to leave it up all year round:D

Oh wow that is stunning. Great purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Got our daughter a chad valley glamour mansion house two or three years ago in Argos when she wanted a dolls house from Santa it was around seventy or eighty euros ( wood or veneer wood) but pretty sturdy my husband put it together for her and she has used it as a Barbie house since then all the barbies went in and she parks her Barbie cars outside the house. For the price I was impressed and prefer any kind of wood to plastic which can come apart. Just a thought.Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We were away for a couple of days and picked up this in John Lewis.

494917.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ordered this garland today with M&S click and collect. :)

PL_05_T40_8106G_S4_X_EC_90?wid=600&qlt=40&fmt=pjpeg

And picked up two of these fellas in Tesco this afternoon. :)

h2nCElI.png?1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got this little guy on Dunnes today.

MJcoWBq.jpg

Lads I am so impressed with Dunnes Christmas decorations they’ve really nailed it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was in TK Maxx in Pavillions in Swords on Saturday and have some serious Christmas decorations. Lots of different and one off pieces.

Unfortunately shopping was cut short before we could get anything, by Elf 2 puking all over the place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Order two decorations from Dunnes Stores our initials for our tree :D
    I hope to get to TK Maxx and Woodies pick up a few other tree decorations

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The one place I really hope to go to this year is The Range.
    I didn't get a chance to go to it last year.

Our Christmas duvet set ran in the wash last year (the red ran into the grey and turned it pink) so I bought this in Next to replace it. There are so many lovely Christmas duvet sets out there but most of them are far too expensive for once a year use so I was happy to find a cheaper one that I liked!

600-230s.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I LOVE that! Where did you buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Posy wrote: »
    I LOVE that! Where did you buy it?

It's from Next :)

https://www.next.ie/en/g997049s1#600230

Next delivery is so unbelievably quick. I ordered the duvet set just before I posted last night and it has just arrived on my desk. Got some pyjamas for my sister too so that's another person ticked off the list.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A rake of gift sets available at Dublin airport if anyone is passing through (some but not all are online and can be ordered via click and collect).

Some nearly 50% cheaper than retail outlets in town.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I got three bottles of whiskey (2 expensive ones, one mid-range). So, the men are sorted. I'll get a hedgehog duvet set (from Penneys, hoping they'll still be there) for a young lady, and I bought a beautiful "garden" diary (no year) to colour in for another friend (she'll also get a rake of bulbs, she loves gardening), but I don't have a clue what to get for anyone else. One of my friends is particularly difficult to buy for, I do know they type of things she likes, but the selection is very limited anyway and she already has all the ones she wants/needs. I'd prefer something more concrete, but maybe a voucher for a theatre? Hmmm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What about tickets for a show/play you think she'll like?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I had thought of that, but between work and family (incl. some abroad) I don't know how much free time she'd have available, that's why I figured vouchers might be easier for her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I bought one of these at lunch time for my 8 month old nephew for his first Christmas, I bought his brother one for his first Christmas two years ago too. They are much nicer than they look in the pics there though and I love that they light up. Their names (initials) will be in lights on the tree every Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have been craving mince pies for ages but did not see them - until today !
    (they are not so popular in Continental Europe, guess they would get lost in the huge array of local typical Christmas cakes and biscuits).

My local supermarket had a small stock on Walkers mince pies amongst the shortbread packs and I got these.
    3108_20angled.003.jpg

Oh my gooooooodnesssssssss... (in every sense of the word). Those look divine!!!!!!

miamee wrote: »
    I bought one of these at lunch time for my 8 month old nephew for his first Christmas, I bought his brother one for his first Christmas two years ago too. They are much nicer than they look in the pics there though and I love that they light up. Their names (initials) will be in lights on the tree every Christmas :D

Miamie thanks for posting, you've just given me an idea, my other halves nieces and a new baby due any day might get some for their parents too :)

• Advertisement

I gave in and bought mini mince pies today, I left them in my mothers house so I wouldn't open them can't wait to be having a cosy night in with the glow of the tree and rewarding myself with a mince pie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

With two shopping days for me before Christmas ( my groceries come over every two weeks by ferry) I herby announce my firm and avowed intention next time to stock well and lavishly with mince pies, puddings, fruit , A TURKEY or a breast roast, tubs of chocolates, and anything else that takes my fancy!

My favourite web site at present is the supervalu one; these days with the internet no longer being physically able to do my own shopping is no handicap

This week;s delivery is tomorrow and I have stocked with basics to make room etc!

It is all in the planning when living out at sea!

The tubs eg Roses, are stuck at 2 for E10.. that'll do..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Graces7 wrote: »
    The tubs eg Roses, are stuck at 2 for E10.. that'll do..

You've reminded me that for the first time in years we haven't actually bought any of the tubs of quality street yet. Normally we'd be on our 2nd or 3rd by now as we can never keep them up once bought & have a habit of devouring them of a Saturday night watching Strictly. This year herself decided we werent buying them no matter how cheap they got until a few days before so we wouldnt munch our way through a load of them... she's probably right to be fair, but wheres the fun in that!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    You've reminded me that for the first time in years we haven't actually bought any of the tubs of quality street yet. Normally we'd be on our 2nd or 3rd by now as we can never keep them up once bought & have a habit of devouring them of a Saturday night watching Strictly. This year herself decided we werent buying them no matter how cheap they got until a few days before so we wouldnt munch our way through a load of them... she's probably right to be fair, but wheres the fun in that!!

Anticipation is far more than fun! Builds up to more than immediate gratification!

Not keen on Quality Street !

We shall see... The way the weather is this year? I have a stash of CDM in the fridge … JIC theory! Just In Case !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

New Home wrote: »
    Oh my gooooooodnesssssssss... (in every sense of the word). Those look divine!!!!!!

Tried one of those Spiced Orange and Cranberry Mince Pies and it was quite moreish !

otnomart wrote: »
    Tried one of those Spiced Orange and Cranberry Mince Pies and it was quite moreish !

sounds... utterly totally wonderful...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »

'moreish' never heard that word before. Honestly though you had made it up till I googled it!

TRS30 wrote: »
    'moreish' never heard that word before. Honestly though you had made it up till I googled it!

I learnt that word from the tv show Peep Show a character (Super Hans) used a phrase “that crack tasted of moreish.”

That line Cracked me right up :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh! I bought OH's main pressie yesterday, just have to collect it (and hide it) later today.

Advertisement