Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

25-07-2012, 16:11   #1
MugMugs
Hosted Moderator

Recession killed the Credit Card.

Hi Folks

I've recently killed my Credit Card by means of a Scissors and lighter. As a result, you're unable to debit my car and credit my tag with you which has subsequently been deactivated.

Now, I've got myself a Debit Card that I'd be willing to use but I am a bit dubious about random deductions of €40 from my account when my account falls below. Is there a way of decreasing the amount you demand on each top up by any chance?

Cheers.
25-07-2012, 16:23   #2

Hi Antares

If you are set up a pre paid account then the account will auto top up when the credit goes below €12. The amount for the top up can be between €30 and €250, going up in €10 increments.

We also have a post paid system, this works a month in arrears, we keep track of all the trips you do in a month and then take payment the following month. So if you have 5 trips in the month of July, we would take payment for those trips in August.

If you want me to check out anything specific to your account, PM me(cc in John and Una) your account number, the name, address and telephone number on the account. Also confirm you are the account holder and I can answer any questions you have.

Hope that helps,
Ciaran.
26-07-2012, 13:23   #3
MugMugs
Hosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eFlow: Ciaran View Post

We also have a post paid system, this works a month in arrears, we keep track of all the trips you do in a month and then take payment the following month. So if you have 5 trips in the month of July, we would take payment for those trips in August.
Thanks for the Ciaran,

Just out of curiosity, are the TOLL charges the same for Post Pay?

Is there an admin fee taken Monthly too?

Do I get to keep and use the current tag with the Post Pay option and use it on the likes of the M1/M3/M4/M7 etc as well as the M50?
26-07-2012, 14:02   #4

Hi Antares,

John here standing in for Ciaran.

Pre-Pay or Post Pay the tolls are the same.

If you wish to change your a/c from Pre-Pay to Post pay, we would need to setup a new a/c and send out a new tag. Once your a/c is setup, your vehicle would be covered for use on the M50 as we will recognise your car registration from our Video system and know a tag is on its way out to you.

The admin fee is monthly too. We send out a statement at the end of each month and take payment from the 12th of the following month.

Once your new tag arrives and it is activated, we then alert all the other toll companies to accept your tag. It can take them a day or two to update their systems. So, instant cover on M50, a little while longer for other tolls.

Hope this helps,

John
26-07-2012, 14:08   #5
MugMugs
Hosted Moderator

Thanks for the swift response John.

So if I didn't use the account at all one month then only an admin fee of 1.23 or whatever it is would be debited? Sorry if that's a bit of a pedantic question, but I am asking just to be crystal clear.

How is the debit done? Via Direct Debit or from a Debit Card?

How do I sign up to a post pay account now? Can I do it on here via PM and you can use the existing info on the old account?

Will the tag size be the same? I've got a wee one which is nice and subtle, you don't use those large obnoxious ones, do you? Would the current mount suffice?

Cheers.
26-07-2012, 15:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Thanks for the swift response John.

So if I didn't use the account at all one month then only an admin fee of 1.23 or whatever it is would be debited? Sorry if that's a bit of a pedantic question, but I am asking just to be crystal clear.

How is the debit done? Via Direct Debit or from a Debit Card?

How do I sign up to a post pay account now? Can I do it on here via PM and you can use the existing info on the old account?

Will the tag size be the same? I've got a wee one which is nice and subtle, you don't use those large obnoxious ones, do you? Would the current mount suffice?

Cheers.
Hi Antares,

Regarding the monthly fee, you are correct. It is charged to your tag account every month regardless of how many journeys are made. So if no journeys were made, you would still be paying the €1.23 tag hire fee.

You can choose for payments to be processed using either a credit / debit card or through a direct debit plus.

If you would like to make the switch from a pre-paid account to a post-paid account today, this can only be done over the phone. Unfortunately, we cannot do this via PM for data protection reasons.

Finally, if you have the smaller model tag from eFlow then the tag will be the same size. Our new tags are the smaller model and come complete with tag mount.

Any other questions, ask away.

Regards,
Keith
Forum Closed