Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur vs Sinitsin (spoiler)

Options
  • 23-07-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Just finished watching the fight, which Arthur won by a UD.

In the opening few rounds it was quite even and both men looked like they were just getting warmed up. In round 2/3 (sorry, can't remember) Arthur got a cut over his eye which was caused by a punch. The corner did a goob job on it though so he wasn't bothered that much over the next few rounds.

In round 6, just as Arthur seemed to be applying some good pressure there was a clash of heads and he got cut again, over the left eye. This cut wasn't as bad as the first and the referee correctly acknowledged it as a clash of heads. Arthur seemed a bit annoyed and applied some good pressure to end the round.

From round 8 onwards Sinitsin was in survival mode. Arthur continued to win the rounds and looked like a well improved fighter in doing so. He didn't land as many body punches as usual and Sinitsin wasn't marked up that much, but still, punches are punches. Actually, Sinitsin was lucky to be beside the ropes on one or two occassions as Arthur had him slightly wobbled.

In the final 25 seconds of the fight Arthur caught Sinitsin with a great left hook to the head and put Sinitsin down. I think with another minute he could have ended the fight but it just wasn't meant to be.

All three judges had the fight in Arthur's favour by a clear margin. One by 9 points and the others by a similar distance.

After the fight Arthur said basically that he's going to plan the future with Warren and that he's sure he'll get some big fights. Warren himself said that he'd like Arthur to defend the belt once and then hopefully challenge for a version of the world championship. He also said that he'd have liked to seen Arthur fighting again by September but because of the cut it will be October/November.

Personally I thought Arthur looked great tonight. The improvement since his loss to Gomez obvious. His workrate was good, he dealt with the cuts well and his stamina was fine too. Hopefully the improvement continues and that title shot becomes a reality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Great to hear he not only won be faught well . Hopefully he can get some big fights now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

It looks like there is already talks of him fighting Scott Harrison

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4711675.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

snakeater wrote:
    It looks like there is already talks of him fighting Scott Harrison

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4711675.stm

Its amazing to think Harrison is actually in a lighter weight division .
    Warren said in about 15 months he would like the fight . By the I think Arthur will only improve and Harrison well he'll just be the same as he always is .

Id favour Arthur as Harrison only has the one but very effective gameplan , keep coming forward and throw punches . If Arthur was able to box him he could win a comfortable decision and Arthur has the skills to do so . However its impossible to avoid mixing it up for the whole fight and at some point they're going to have to go toe to toe and thats when Arthur's defense that he has improved on immensly will come into play . Id predict a 116-112 for Arthur .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Big Ears wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! It's probably since Harrison is such a big featherweight and gains so much weight in between the weigh in and first bell.

I also agree about Arthur having what it takes to beat Harrison 15 months down the line. Its been a while since we've since any major improvment in Harrison (Brodie win was good, don't get me wrong) and I give Arthur a great chance of getting a UD when they fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Big Ears wrote:

It's amazing alright, but I think Harrison is just a big bully at the weight he fights at. After seeing a few of his fights I can't wait to see him get a bit of a beating. Talk of him fighting Juan Manuel Marquez.... that would be good viewing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement