Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding Gate Motor 1000kg gate

Options
  • 27-03-2020 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, can someone recommend a sliding gate motor to me for a 1000kg gate? I got a quote today for 1900yoyos for kit + install, that I goggled cost 400euro from eBay exact same kit. I was dubious of product when I saw that. It was an AG Future 1000kg motor. Does anyone have expierence of this motor ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

madmac187 wrote: »
    Hi folks, can someone recommend a sliding gate motor to me for a 1000kg gate? I got a quote today for 1900yoyos for kit + install, that I goggled cost 400euro from eBay exact same kit. I was dubious of product when I saw that. It was an AG Future 1000kg motor. Does anyone have expierence of this motor ?

Does the 400euro include the ground works, cabling, mounting, testing housing, labour, travel etc?

Now if you are being charged 1900 just for the kit then yeah go elsewhere but if its for the kit and install then 1900 isnt all to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

alta stare wrote: »
    Does the 400euro include the ground works, cabling, mounting, testing housing, labour, travel etc?

Now if you are being charged 1900 just for the kit then yeah go elsewhere but if its for the kit and install then 1900 isnt all to bad.

Off topic, but do not install the drive unless your gate can consistently run smoothly with minimum effort. I have seen replacement motors and callouts in past due to systems with too much friction.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

No it was the electrical end of things of install only, the Groundworks is no bother for me, it’s my living lol

But has anyone used that kit out of interest of that motor ?

No it was the electrical end of things of install only, the Groundworks is no bother for me, it’s my living lol

So the kit and the installation and testing? Still seems ok. There is a lot to be done with gate automation when it is being done properly. Never used that make though.

• Advertisement

So the kit and the installation and testing? Still seems ok. There is a lot to be done with gate automation when it is being done properly. Never used that make though.

1100yoyos for install really? The difference in his supply only

1100yoyos for install really? The difference in his supply only

Well is he installing motor and setting it up? Is he testing the system when it is done?

The kit he is looking to supply doesnt seem all too good but no matter the kit any install done proper takes time so yes it can be pricey. The company i work for would easily charge anywhere between 1500 to 2500 depending on the type of gate.

Well is he installing motor and setting it up? Is he testing the system when it is done?

The kit he is looking to supply doesnt seem all too good but no matter the kit any install done proper takes time so yes it can be pricey. The company i work for would easily charge anywhere between 1500 to 2500 depending on the type of gate.

For installing motor, tracking and getting it going? How long would it take out if interest ?

For installing motor, tracking and getting it going? How long would it take out if interest ?

Usually from start to finish without no problems... two days.

Id keep away from that kit though. Source a FAAC or CAME kit and you will have no issues plus they are a doddle to install.

Advertisement