Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Very Strong Winds - Tuesday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

MJohnston wrote: »
    What are we conserving valuable thread space for?

Maybe for something other than standard mid-December weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Maybe for something other than standard mid-December weather?

Why? What does it matter if someone starts a thread for something you supposedly don't care about?

Why? What does it matter if someone starts a thread for something you supposedly don't care about?

?? It's pretty clear you're just trying to stir it and wouldn't have commented had anyone else said it.

?? It's pretty clear you're just trying to stir it and wouldn't have commented had anyone else said it.

Okay...I'm just pointing out that the expanses available to create threads on boards.ie are essentially infinite, and complaining that someone created a thread about some vaguely interesting weather today seems a little petty because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I blame smart phones!
    Not for this thread,I've no problem with the thread
    I just blame them for the hoo haa
    Also for the fact I should be in bed
    Speaking of which,Good night everybody
    Sleep tight :)

Okay...I'm just pointing out that the expanses available to create threads on boards.ie are essentially infinite, and complaining that someone created a thread about some vaguely interesting weather today seems a little petty because of that.

Lovely moon out there tonight. Maybe I'll start a thread on it so...

Lovely moon out there tonight. Maybe I'll start a thread on it so...

I'm sure it would be happily received by plenty of posters! Better than whatever is currently going on in After Hours, I'm sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A wild and noisy night nearly over.

Reminds me of the metrical version of Saint Patrick's Breastplate.. " The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks..."

Some things do not change over many, many centuries..

Feels very, very cold this morning. Not ventured past the door yet.. NB my Christmas lights should be here today so they are going straight up to bring some cheerfulness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,589 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I think it tied Lorenzo at 15. Relegation material.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ooh. Yellow wind warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Cork and Kerry

This evening and overnight, west to northwest winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65 km/hr with gusts of 80 to 110 km/hr

Winds will be strongest along coasts and on hills and mountains
    Valid: 18:00 Thursday 12/12/2019 to 09:00 Friday 13/12/2019
    Issued: 10:00 Thursday 12/12/2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

New thread started to cover this wind event this evening and tomorrow morning.

Advertisement