Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Basketball Courts in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭clancynl

Found this too ... http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Ireland/Dublin/Ringsend-Park
    needs a few added to it tho ... I'm looking for a court around the Ranelagh area if anyone knows of one? Tough to find all the same ... There's a school in Ranelagh that might have a court .. I'm gonna have a chat with a teacher or someone this week and I'll get back if they'd let me throw a ball round for a few hours a week ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Seems really hard to find a place to play basketball here in ireland, I am talking at a none competitive level.

I havent played basket in over 8 years but I miss it and I have been looking for a place to go and play a few relaxed games but so far nothing, westwood doesnt have anything like an indoor/outdoor basketball court neither... not sure if they have one in Deer park...

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

If people are looking for free outdoor courts in the Dun Laoghaire area theres a nice one in Glenageary (think someone mentioned it already). You can only use it at the weekend cos its part of DSP school but its good. Also you quite often meet lads there who are willing to play pickup!

Laughlinstown leisure centre is good if your willing to pay a few euro but if you get a group to rent the hall itd be worth it. Also in UCD you can play for a few euro.

Also im pretty sure theres also a full court in Kilbogget park (near Ballybrack/Cabinteely/"Killiney"). Its in near the shrewsbury housing estate behind fences but theyre open for people to go in. Last time i was there was a few years ago they were in good condition and empty (think theres 2 full courts). Only thing is theres only one gate in/out so you'd wana be careful when you go cos if you are unfortunate enough to meet the wrong crowd theres nobody else around (the park is usually quite with just dogwalkers tho so im sure its perfectly safe!).

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Bohrio wrote: »
    Seems really hard to find a place to play basketball here in ireland, I am talking at a none competitive level.

I havent played basket in over 8 years but I miss it and I have been looking for a place to go and play a few relaxed games but so far nothing, westwood doesnt have anything like an indoor/outdoor basketball court neither... not sure if they have one in Deer park...

Theres a new team called the "Glenageary Bounce" as far as i know (thatd be nearish to Dun Laoghaire). Itd be coming near the end of the season at this stage but i reckon if they are a new club theyd welcome people of all standards. Apologies if im wrong tho!!! I did see a thread posted by the club manager or someone and i think theyve a mens team.

I remember when i used to play there was a team called Delta who played near colaiste eanna too. They were good but im not sure if they have a mens team. Also theres Templeogue and Marian.

Sorry if that post is useless but i thought id try and help :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Did you find any place to play? if not pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Standard Toaster is cool

here is a facebook page i have made about the problem: http://www.facebook.com/pages/More-courts-Ireland/170171186451843

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dojo

Here is a map I'm compiling of basketball courts https://socialbasketball.net/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

Anyone know of any public access courts in the Rathgar area?

Advertisement