Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everyone allowed to express their opinion on Boards without bias from Mods?

Options
13»

Comments

Don2012 wrote: »
    I only attack if I'm insulted and mocked, wouldn't you??

If you post in an antagonistic fashion, it tends to end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I only attack if I'm insulted and mocked, wouldn't you??

I think you may be a bit misguided over what happens here.

You have an opinion and express it, all fine.

Others may have different opinions and some may oppose yours to a greater or lesser degree, again that's fine.

But you seem to have chosen to ignore any questions asked of you and attack those whose views are different to yours.

This is a discussion site. Posters are expected to discuss issues. If you make a claim, you're expected to be able to back it up or, at the very least, put forward a defense of your views. I've seen scant evidence of you doing that thus far and many of those that have engaged with you have come to a similar conclusion.

Perhaps engaging respectfully with others might get a meaningful discussion going and allow an exploration of both your positions and others positions.

Winning shouldn't be the objective, gaining a broader understanding should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Winning shouldn't be the objective, gaining a broader understanding should be.

This a thousand times.
    Don, your posting style is one of, to put it Trumply, constantly trying to trigger the 'libtards'. I'm not having a pop at you btw it's just the way you come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What I'm seeing here is some kind of liberal gang, who wait to pounce on the next person who disagrees with their viewpoint.
    Yes, engaging with me is fine but what I'm getting is mocking, belittling, attacking, insulting and laughed at and I'm expected to say nothing from these libtards??

I honestly don't see that. You ask questions and ask for opinions. When you get replies you don't agree with or that ask for your own opinion you come back calling the posters left wing liberal bully boys. Even in this quote you toss in 'libtards'.
    People can't always agree but we can discuss opinions if it's a two way street.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Oh look another fascist with a persecution complex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Oh look another fascist with a persecution complex

Look up the word facist before you attempt to use it bud!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Oh dear, you reap what you sow.

Says one of "the gang"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah that really shows your discussion skills off well Don.

A left leaning Politics ‘CMod’ used the word ‘r*tard*d’ on Saturday in a Current Affairs / IMHO thread (the Farage one), so if that is the standard a CMod sets, them ‘libtard’ is actually a step up.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP has closed their account after 2 days of pretty constant trolling. I'm closing this thread to avoid further issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement