Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban - Take 2

Options
  • 31-07-2020 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Have posted this earlier in the week but must have been taken down

I have been banned for saying that people shouldnt diagnose mental illness of strangers . This was in the wrestling forum. Mod in the forum says it is ok for people to have opinions on whether someone is faking depression or not.

Is this a reason to ban?
    Maybe have a word with him/her and explain how serious mental illness is and throwing around diagnoses will affect people on the forum from speaking to people about their struggles...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A small note as DRP mod, this is the first time this has been posted in DRP. I can't see any sign it being previously posted or removed. It may have been lost in the recent round of 503 errors, but that's speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Fair comment mate, didnt mean to make it sound malicious
    Spear wrote: »
    A small note as DRP mod, this is the first time this has been posted in DRP. I can't see any sign it being previously posted or removed. It may have been lost in the recent round of 503 errors, but that's speculation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The first step in the dispute process it to attempt to resolve it directly with the mod via PM. Have you done this?

Of course I did, without any reply. Which is why I am here.
    Beasty wrote: »
    The first step in the dispute process it to attempt to resolve it directly with the mod via PM. Have you done this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, I'll take a look.

Please note that you are falsifying the reason for which you were banned i.e. "banned for saying that people shouldnt diagnose mental illness of strangers.", the ban sanction may be increased.

Please share with me via pm or by posting here the discussion you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OP, as your 3-day ban has long since expired, can you let us know if you are continuing with this appeal please.

No reply so I am going to ask admins to close this.

Re-opened at OP's request.

Reopened because what is being said about the ban is beyond dodgy

I was saying that people diagnosing mental health in strangers is a bad thing, it hurts people wanting to come forward and talk about it.

Instead of a dialogue on this it was 'dont post here'

Kinda like how Putin deals with problems

That is the issue. The ban has already been lifted.

Hi can you please post here or forward to me any pm's you had with the mod attempting to resolve this.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Steve,

We already had this conversation in PM. You reopened this because you didnt want to talk to me anymore in PM. Now you do?

I can't discuss the details of the appeal with you on PM, that needs to take place on this thread.

As part of the process, I need to see the PM's sent / received with the mod to do with your ban in order to verify that you attempted to resolve this prior to coming here. I also ask the same from the mod concerned and as long as both accounts are the same I can proceed.

It's just the way the process works.

You can copy the pm's to this thread or forward them to me.

I am not posting private messages in public. This has been discussed with you and the mod in PM.

You reopened this, my issues are clear and have been clear all along. People either ignore or dont care to understand.

No problem.

Move on

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posting PMs is set out as part of the DRP process. It should only relate to PMs with the mod relating to the sanction, and can help show both the rationale behind a sanction and what attempts were made to resolve the dispute with the mod

If you do not wish to disclose such PM content I will close this appeal and mark it resolved

How do I add DM to this thread?

How do I add DM to this thread?

Just copy and paste

No further response from OP - marking resolved

Advertisement