If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a TV recommendation

Options
  • 12-07-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey, 
    I was in a store today and was impressed by the price/quality of the Samsung 43TU7000. The picture quality seemed much brighter and more impactful than a few other dull looking TVs nearby. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to TVs so I'm wondering what a good one to go for is. 

I noticed that the Samsung is priced lower on Richer Sounds so happy to give you guys the business if the set can be delivered quickly. 

Besides all the variables re picture quality, my main requirement is that I can cast from my phone (which that Samsung can do apparently). 

I'm also not sure what the ideal screen size I should be going for is - the viewing distance will be 12 feet or so. The guy today said most living rooms are fine with 43" and the size did seem okay, but I'm wondering would it be worth going up to 48 or 50" while I'm at it. 

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Cianos wrote: »
    Hey, 
    I was in a store today and was impressed by the price/quality of the Samsung 43TU7000. The picture quality seemed much brighter and more impactful than a few other dull looking TVs nearby. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to TVs so I'm wondering what a good one to go for is. 

I noticed that the Samsung is priced lower on Richer Sounds so happy to give you guys the business if the set can be delivered quickly. 

Besides all the variables re picture quality, my main requirement is that I can cast from my phone (which that Samsung can do apparently). 

I'm also not sure what the ideal screen size I should be going for is - the viewing distance will be 12 feet or so. The guy today said most living rooms are fine with 43" and the size did seem okay, but I'm wondering would it be worth going up to 48 or 50" while I'm at it. 

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
    Hi Cianos,

Thanks for the post!

On the Samsungs unfortunately we are completely sold out of them! The 7000 model looks to be discontinued however we are due to receive more of the UE50TU7100 at £429/499 euro (I have no incoming date for the 43" at the moment!). These are due in at the end of the week! A 50" TV would also be a good choice for that sort of viewing distance!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204588-samsung-ue50tu7100-new-t-series-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx?swapstore=1

This TV will also allow you to cast from your phone via Wifi and has the same great panel the 7000 series has!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't planning on spending as much as €500 actually - was hoping to stick somewhere closer to €400. 

Can I ask how quickly delivery is? To be honest I may have left it a bit too late at this stage, I see from your site it's 3-5 days. 

Cianos wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! I wasn't planning on spending as much as €500 actually - was hoping to stick somewhere closer to €400. 

Can I ask how quickly delivery is? To be honest I may have left it a bit too late at this stage, I see from your site it's 3-5 days. 
    Hey Cianos.

I think the 43TU7100 would be the cheapest Samsung at the moment.

Delivery is estimated at 3-5 working days but depending on location can be quicker.

Let us know if we can help anyway in future.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Hi I am looking for any Sumsung 43" TV, which would allow to watch F1, which I have subscription on my phone. Also Netflix. No other requirements. It must be 43 because I have only that much space.

JoChervil wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for any Sumsung 43" TV, which would allow to watch F1, which I have subscription on my phone. Also Netflix. No other requirements. It must be 43 because I have only that much space.
    Hi JoChervil,

Thanks for the post!

The Samsung UE43TU7100 is due back in stock this week in the main warehouse for shipping. It has Netflix and Amazon Prime and you are able to stream to the TV from your phone via Wifi but it would depend if your subscription service allows casting to the TV.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Hi JoChervil,

Thanks for the post!

The Samsung UE43TU7100 is due back in stock this week in the main warehouse for shipping. It has Netflix and Amazon Prime and you are able to stream to the TV from your phone via Wifi but it would depend if your subscription service allows casting to the TV.

Kind regards

David
    Thank you. Great! And I see price is also good.

Hi JoChervil,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Thank you. Great! And I see price is also good.
    Hi JoChervil.

We have just received a few of the 43TU7100 into the store this morning.

They are not live on our website due to low stock but if you wanted to go for one then drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.