Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyreen Manor, Maynooth

Options
  • 19-11-2017 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Lyreen Manor

I know Maynooth and the area but I don't know Lyreen Manor itself apart from viewing apartments there

Does anyone here live there?

What do people think about it?

All thoughts welcome :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Never been in them but a mate who lived there said noise from students living there during term was an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

There is an ongoing campaign to remove the current property management company

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

There is an ongoing campaign to remove the current property management company
    Any suggestion of the reason? Is the 1700 fees?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Management company - which is made up of every apartment owner - or management agent?

1700 isn't that insane for a gated apartment block with extensive outdoor areas and 'underground' (I know its actually two floors up!) parking; the lifts alone will cost huge sums to maintain and for sinking fund purposes.

I've heard some very bad things about the quality of heating and plumbing in the entire development; from both residents and tradesmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

The owners are not happy with the agent, 1700-200 a year fees with a tiny sinking fund and very little work done for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

L1011 wrote: »

I've heard some very bad things about the quality of heating and plumbing in the entire development; from both residents and tradesmen.

thanks - heating and plumbing in the entire development is the default of the APT back to 2005 when it was a boom product? think by changing the management Co, there is nothing can be improved for heating and plumbing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

In agreement with another poster, you may (probably will) have issues with noise from students there. Also, my friend has an ongoing issue with a leak in her kitchen from the apartment above hers. Two different plumbers have attempted to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

lived there for almost 6 years, mostly an excellent spot to live - a few things to look out for tho :

No specific (persistent) problems with noise from students - you'll likely be more bothered by young children playing unattended for most of the morning and afternoon - good luck if you do shift work (basically no real play area for children, they often play in the stairwells / common areas)

management company are slimeballs, basically worthless

Problems with the build of the apartments vary - reasonably normal for hastily built apartments built during the peak of the property boom in late 2000s different blocks report varying problems with leaks - some shoddy building

Before you buy, check on the services, boiler, fridge etc (could be in major need of replacement like mine was after only 7 years since installation)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 M H Turner

same problem where i live in city centre dublin 8, i work shifts and playing games/football etc in car park are not allowed with signs but the same people do it anyway everyday and the management company refuse to deal with it, as they dont live with it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Management Company is all the owners.

The Management Agent is an firm optionally hired by the Management Company to do work

Which is the problem with?

• Advertisement

i mean the problem is with the directors of the owners company, the agent wont do anything without them, and most dont live there, they just vote each other on every year and only sort out what suits them or doesnt affect them.

Work with the resident owners to replace them. If they're getting back in it means nobody is going against them

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

the management agency was the problem - but have since been replaced in the past year.

there is only a few owner occupiers left and the management company refuse to give me the register of members

there's an issue every evening with shouting and screaming in the car park, playing ball, breaking house rules, they are doing it right now the same few people all the time. they threatened me when i stood up to them and said they can do what they want and dont care about the rules, and told their children to shout louder. Unfortunately its below my window and can be heard inside even with window closed. a person has a right to peaceful occupancy in their own home. its a large courtyard common area and they dont have balcony or garden, every one else goes to the park, no one wants to listen to them

Advertisement