Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Website being Mirrored to another domain

Options
  • 02-07-2020 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So a mate has a small but profitable webiste that is in Wordpress and runs on bitnami on AWS Lightsail. This was all set up but a person who does websites but since then that relationship has soured and they have parted company. It is a very static site and all is good but he today got an email from Wordfence Alert with a p0rn0 website address that is linking to his site.

I had a look and when you inspect the code it is using the domain for the bad site with the correct links and they all work. His login to back end even works.

When I look at connection logs it looks just like the users IP is showing up so its like a DNS redirect but the site has his the bad domain in the code. any changes show up live and the content is perfect bar the SSL error at the start obv.

So my question is this. I am an infrastructure guy dont know much about web. But I was sure there was a way to say if the traffic is not coming from mysite.com then block. or if coming from badsite.com block. I can find a way to block IPs in Bitanami but the site is showing no IPs. when I do a reverse look up tit just shows the real site details. A who is just shows a AWS registered domain.

Any ideas as I am pretty stuck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Update, I changed the sites external IP and the bad site is now down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If someone goes to his website what happens?
    Does a nslookup of the domain return the correct IP?

Can you post the domains involved?

Advertisement