Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargain alerts ban

Options
  • 23-06-2020 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hello, I was helping out fellow boards members as I do with discount codes.

This is a time consuming process, and I have had no problem doing so for thousands of people (referral/gain free) - today I made a post announcing the fact that I will be helping people for a few more days but in the future I will be selling accounts to get these discount codes rather than giving them out for free - all of a sudden I was banned by "thedriver"

In PM's I asked why ban me rather than warn me what I was saying could lead to a ban? I only mentioned that in the future these codes aren't going to be free.

All of a sudden he sprouts waffle and doesn't talk any sensible stuff regarding the current ban. Anyways, let me know if this is the right place please my friends. cheers and hope all is well.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

As you have already engaged in a PM exchange with the mods, I'll inform the CMods of your thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 236 ✭✭evolveDD

mike_ie wrote: »
    As you have already engaged in a PM exchange with the mods, I'll inform the CMods of your thread.

Hi Mike.

I was talking to the driver (not for long thank ****) through pm regarding my ban, he was telling me the boards team has had reports about my sales pitch which is very much against the forum charter? Can anyone care to explain to me what he means, EXACTLY in great detail and with proof?

I, have given out thousands of code (happily, free of charge.) and that is only what I have given out, when I receive a pm, a code request, I send that person a pm back with the code they have requested, no more and no less.

So with that being said, this mod is either:

Lying
    Bull****ting
    Both

That is not good behavior from boards mods, and I for one am not a fan of it.

I did nothing wrong, only alert people that the thousands of codes I have given out for free will no longer be FREE - whilst offering people codes for FREE as I have been for the past few months.

Hope it makes sense.

TL;DR (whole story):

evolveD gives out discount codes (and plenty of them)

evolveD makes another post alerting his fellow boards members that codes are available, but in the next few days they won't be. The accounts that are collecting these codes for us will be for sale and the codes from them won't be distributed, sorry but if that sounds of any interest to you let me know in pm - codes still available for the next few days as normal. Cheers!

thedriver: let's ban this guy

evolved: messages thedriver discussing the ban, leads to nothing as he's talking **** saying people report my "sales pitch" lol, still unknown to me what that is. Obviously not worth PM'ing, so now I am forced to waste time and create this.

:rolleyes:

edit: Here's the screenshot of pm's when thedriver tells me about reports from users about my "sales pitch". Another thing which I said to him in pm's, if any mod/admin wants the password to my boards account well then they can login themselves and check each and everyone of my sent pms, it will become instantly clear that he is **** talking. I only send the person the code they have requested. Cheers

https://gyazo.com/b8a8bf30be4964521fa32b437648e422

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

evolveDD wrote: »
    Hi Mike.

I was talking to the driver (not for long thank ****)...

....So with that being said, this mod is either:

Lying
    Bull****ting
    Both

You're not off to a good start here.

I'm not sure how you think DRP works, but it's certainly not Ranting and Raving v2.0. Going by the one screenshot you sent me, I see nothing to suggest that the mod engaged with you in any other way but courteously, but judging by your comments here, you failed to recriprocate.

With that in mind, I'm going to do us both a favour.

1. Engage with the mod first - properly this time.
    2. If you have engaged with the mod and are still not satisfied with their explanation, you are welcome to return here and we will escalate it to a CMod.

However, if you fail to engage with the mod with the same level of courtesy you would expect to be granted to you, or if if you come out the gate running again next time like you did just now, I'll close the DRP and mark it as resolved.

hm, it seems as though the reason I was banned is being ignored here, I did nothing wrong Mike.

I give out codes, and tonnes of them, this mod/admin came lying to me saying he received reports such and such which was lies.

I can give you my account password you can see what is sent to people (only codes.)

I simply said to people codes are available (AS NORMAL) and that in future unfortunately they will not be.

I did nothing wrong. -

hope to be unbanned soon!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to clarify, you should never give your account password to anyone, including a site Admin. It's your account and you are fully accountable for all activity on this account

A second point to note. You do not have access to our reported post forum and you have no basis to claim the mod was lying

Just to re-iterate what Mike said - you're not off to a good start here and making unfounded claims of lying by the mod is not helping your cause

You have failed to address the point raised by Mike. Have you engaged with the mod with the same level of courtesy you would expect to be granted to you in an attempt to resolve this dispute directly?

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you should never give your account password to anyone, including a site Admin. It's your account and you are fully accountable for all activity on this account

A second point to note. You do not have access to our reported post forum and you have no basis to claim the mod was lying

Just to re-iterate what Mike said - you're not off to a good start here and making unfounded claims of lying by the mod is not helping your cause

You have failed to address the point raised by Mike. Have you engaged with the mod with the same level of courtesy you would expect to be granted to you in an attempt to resolve this dispute directly?

again:

I receive a pm, I respond to the pm with a code and nothing but a code. < hence the willingness to give out an account to abolish this bull**** about my sales pitch or what ever. now about my ban REASON guys let's focus on that if you can

Again - why have I been banned? :confused:

I make a post, giving out codes as usual (?) alert the people that I am sorry my fellow people but unfortunately I will be unable to give out codes in the future but if you really want codes cool I can help you out (?)

next second all this, I shouldn't of been banned, I shouldn't be making multiple posts on this topic my friends you guys are a pain in the ass. lol, really.

I shouldn't be wasting time communicating with any staff also. like **** me this is a time waste and a half and for no good reason BReal.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

evolveDD wrote: »
    Again - why have I been banned? :confused:
    Please ask the mod via PM, and once you have done so if you are not satisfied please try and resolve it with the mod directly

Do not start another thread in this forum until you have done so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement