Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

BURN IT ALL DOWN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Old one was just getting going

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Start of a new chapter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Thank **** that one is finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ole's at the wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He outlasted the thread, and the mods did their very best for him in fairness trying to contain it to that thread

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

#Unitexit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭micks_address

I wouldn't be against getting wenger in to steady the ship but also line up a longer term successor. Sort of thing Ireland have done with McCarthy.. announce two managers, wenger till end of the season and someone like poch at end of the season..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Juat watched the DDG interview, have to respect his honesty, he commented that we couldn't even manage one goal in the last two games and he was on the brink of letting fly but managed to hold back. Apologising to the fans too, about time someone from the club did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What manager would come in now at this point knowing they've the next 8 weeks of this squad v before the transfer window opens, Spurs are in a slump they have a great squad minus their keeper now we have a terrible squad with a great keeper who obviously can't stop everything but we have no fight no ingenuity no spirit and one hell of a match waiting upon return from the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

#everyoneout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Lads honest question. What exactly have the Glazers done?

They have bankrolled the club with some amount of money over the last number of seasons.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »

They have bankrolled the club with some amount of money over the last number of seasons.

Labeled the club with huge debt. Taken one billion out of the club.

They haven’t bankrolled a penny of it.

Agree with you... We have spent almost a billion dollars over the last six years.. how can the owners be to blame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,237 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

its the clubs own generated wealth rather than their own money, which they are also taking out of the club in the form of dividends.

Would you care if we were top of the league about the debt?
    adox wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

What about Laurent Blanc until the end of the season and then reassess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Juat watched the DDG interview, have to respect his honesty, he commented that we couldn't even manage one goal in the last two games and he was on the brink of letting fly but managed to hold back. Apologising to the fans too, about time someone from the club did.

He has always struck me as a very calm character but recently courtesy of the shîtshow going on in front of him it’s almost he wants to kill someone.

He cares a great deal about the club that’s evident, been loyal through some lean and difficult times of late, it’s a sorry scenario whereby our talent ( the best goalkeeper in the world) isn’t backed with the necessary support and talent but so it goes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Give it Giggsy end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ole is probably going to quadruple his net worth with the payout, he’ll earn more with the severance than he did playing football.

Anyone looking for him to leave is very silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just seen Nevilles comments from after the game, with Redknapp and Souness in the studio.

I said it before the game as well but **** me that was something else, talk about a blatant intention to steer any discussion away from his mate. Its just a pity Souness didn't push him on that "new direction" bullcrap, you could tell that he wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Think about the amount of money they have taken out of the club. The structure that they have put in place by putting Woodward in charge. Spending feck all in the last two windows. Yeah, they have been great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You need someone to blame for losing to a team managed by Steve Bruce or similar every week.

Spending 50m on the likes of Fred people definitely need to be fired, but I'd go after whoever is spending the money not whoever is putting it up. Not sure how anyone could possibly make an argument that more money should have been spent over the last five or six years, Moyes' season aside

He's right about the about the new direction.. they have gone from the Jose mentality of buying players at their peak to players who could be at the club for several seasons.. my worry would be that by the time success comes let's say five years..what age are the players going to be? Maguire and basaka were excellent buy's.. not sure about James yet.. he shows flashes but at the game Monday night he was nowhere to be seen in the second half.. the problem with ole is he has no experience... Has it ever worked out anywhere else?
    Just seen Nevilles comments from after the game, with Redknapp and Souness in the studio.

I said it before the game as well but **** me that was something else, talk about a blatant intention to steer any discussion away from his mate. Its just a pity Souness didn't push him on that "new direction" bullcrap, you could tell that he wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

Give it Giggsy end of the season

No thanks. Might continue with the same ****e were seeing. Ole cant lose here. If he sacked he will get a massive payout and think at least I tried (couldn't tun the club down). May aswell sack him now as I cant see results improving especially with Liverpool next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I wouldn’t of thought it possible that there is anyone alive that follows football that doesn’t know that the Glazers don’t put money into United, they take it out.

The Glazers have allowed Woodward to run the club into the ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whatever about the money, the Glaziers have allowed Woodward to oversee the utter destruction of the club. They’ve never stepped in to remove Woodward, who is the man in charge of every failing that has happened. And the only reason for that is that they are ok with what’s happened us.

So they show an utter lack of respect for the club by refusing to deal with the issues at a board level.

But have they not spent 100s of millions on players and wages over the years? Every year Utd are always the top of the tree or there abouts for profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whatever about the money, the Glaziers have allowed Woodward to oversee the utter destruction of the club. They’ve never stepped in to remove Woodward, who is the man in charge of every failing that has happened. And the only reason for that is that they are ok with what’s happened us.

So they show an utter lack of respect for the club by refusing to deal with the issues at a board level.

Because of the revenues he’s bringing in they could care less what happening in the rest of club

• Advertisement

But have they not spent 100s of millions on players and wages over the years? Every year Utd are always the top of the tree or there abouts for profits.

Honestly, read about it if you don’t honestly know. It’s been discussed in detail in the last superthread if you are looking for some reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

billyhead wrote: »
    No thanks. Might continue with the same ****e were seeing. Ole cant lose here. If he sacked he will get a massive payout and think at least I tried (couldn't tun the club down). May aswell sack him now as I cant see results improving especially with Liverpool next.

Along with 4 out of our next 5 being away from home. They’re all very close to eachother in terms of days tho so the only real time we have to sack him is during this international break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think Utd would be mad not to go for Eddie Howe. Plays great football and can build a good young side.

• Hahah 4 times in a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Along with 4 out of our next 5 being away from home. They’re all very close to eachother in terms of days tho so the only real time we have to sack him is during this international break.

If Ole gets the chop I hope Phelan, Carrick and McKenna go too. No point having that lot hang about to do the same **** under a 3rd manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,237 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ricero wrote: »
    Think Utd would be mad not to go for Eddie Howe. Plays great football and can build a good young side.

i would be worried about his ability to attract top talent. whether or not they would want utd remains to be seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

ricero wrote: »

I'm sure you genuinely think that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some fans are clueless to this. Besides the above they priorities commercial success over the on field success. The are a cancer to the club draining money out of utd for their personal wealth and they have just done an awful job managing the club while persisting with Woodward and no proper DOF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

That commentary... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Sadly I’m worried about getting relegated now.

Blanc
    Wenger
    Jose
    Rodgers
    Benitez would all get this team to safety.

Maybe I’m panicking but to see man utd out of ideas unable to break down a near definite relegated Newcastle is scary.

Can another manager get goals out of these lads.

I’ll sleep on it before I officially change my stance to ole out. I respect the fella as a player and a person too much to make a snap decision but what other option is there?

• Advertisement

• What happened to smashing Newcastle?

Utd haven't been breaking down any side for weeks / months

Honestly, read about it if you don’t honestly know. It’s been discussed in detail in the last superthread if you are looking for some reference.

Read about what? Your club has been given vast sums of money from your owners. The mangers have spent that money. But some how results/performances are down to this?

• He's a beast, would love him back to help get us some goals we desperately need.

He has Jose mindset though, a born winner. Unlike the rest of this club.

Read about what? Your club has been given vast sums of money from your owners. The mangers have spent that money. But some how results/performances are down to this?

What you asked about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Very good interview. He even took the blame away from the attacking outlet and said about conceding from a corner

BDI wrote: »

Blanc
    Wenger
    Jose
    Rodgers

Maybe I’m panicking but to see man utd out of ideas unable to break down a near definite relegated Newcastle is scary.

I’ll sleep on it before I officially change my stance to ole out. I respect the fella as a player and a person too much to make a snap decision but what other option is there?

I see you have gone for a change of tactics, you are better than ole at least but thats not saying much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Lots of people comparing United now to Liverpool in the 90s...but 90s Liverpool were nowhere close to being this bad. They finished 8th one season but United are well on course to trump that.

I can't even bring myself to look at the table anymore or I'll get sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

BDI wrote: »

Blanc
    Wenger
    Jose
    Rodgers

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111438191&postcount=10315

That didn't take long :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement