Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info on Soll ski schools

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Folks,

heading to soll in a couple of weeks and havent sorted lessons yet.

Mixture of skiers and snowboarders - 2 of us snowboarding - our 2nd year boarding.

Anybody any info on the relatively few schools that are there? Would ye have a preference? Appreciate any feedback.

ps. Its a right pain in the ass that the boarding lessons are dearer and much shorter. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

These are the guys I went with last year http://www.skischule-soell.com/. I did a package trip and this was the school they use you as part of the package. It's quite a large operation on the first morning but they have it VERY well organised. I don't know of any others so I can't compare. I didn't have any issues with the school or my instructor at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I used skischull at Christmas 2008 and found instructor good and he was friendly.
    What I didn't like so much about the school was that people could book for 3 day spells and also just for morning lessons whereas people booking through package operators join school for a week. So you could have new people joining half way through week which if they are less experienced than people who have been there at start of week, means the whole group slows up to accommodate the newcomers. I just skipped the last days lessons and skied away.
    they also take a lunch break of 1and a half hours so everyone goes back to starting point and goes their own way for the lunch period. In St Johann, the groups just take a short break at some restaurant on the slopes and stays together which is more sociable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Never had anyone join our group last year so must have been lucky. In fact we had people drop out as they had only booked for the first 3 days so we ended up with a smaller class which was handy.

Our class lunched together but without the instructor. I only knew one person in the class already. For the last few days we did a deal with the instructor to shorten the lunch so we could finish earlier and do more stuff on our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

People dropping out leaving a small group is the ideal !
    I joined the school mainly for social reasons and didnt know anyone else in the group so I suppose the longer lunch time was more of a disadvantage than if I had known a few people. The longer lunch time might suit other people so its six of one and half a dozen of the other !
    But the instructor was good - I havent had a bad instructor in any of the schools i had been in.

Advertisement