Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooting glasses/low profile goggles

• 01-07-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Ive gotten completely sick of mesh masks and mite be in the market for a good pair of glasses. So far ive looked into guarder g-c4's and ess ice ones and both seem to be fairly popular and have read mixed reviews of both at this stage. If anyone has some first hand experience of skirmishing with any of these, will they fog up after a few minutes of running around.
    Are there any other good brands out there apart from the likes of Oakleys seen as i dont have a huge budget:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I use the ESS ICE 2.4 'Eye Shields' and have to say I really like them. They come with clear, yellow and smoked lenses that are really easy to swap. They also have a strap that you can attach to the arms if you want to keep them on your head while you are running around although I never use it as they stay on just fine without it.
    I have had, on occasion, a problem with fogging. They are 'frameless' so I find the glass sits against my eyebrows so if I'm sweating a lot it can fog the top half of the glass. However, I attribute most of this problem to the fact that I always wear a boonie pulled very low on my forehead (touching the top of the glasses) and it hinders the airflow at the top. It also causes my forhead to sweat more than it would without a hat too I guess! Someday I really must try them WITHOUT the hat....!!:eek:
    I got mine last year from www.team-alpha.ie and they have them on their site at the moment for €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

i think Don JJ in SEAC uses ess ice. I know he showed me before i got my bolle x1000.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

I've been using the Guarder C4's for about 6 months and they are a pretty good piece of kit. I have had some problems with fogging, but only when I am not moving, and this clears up pretty quick once I am on the move again, or the wind picks up.
    The worst thing I have had happen is that I took a direct hit to the lens, fairly close and the lens popped out. I'm fairly sure it was clicked in properly beforehand, but either way it's something to be aware of.
    That's been the only drawback in 6 months though, being able to wear them either glasses, or swap out the arms for the headstrap and wear them as goggles is a definite bonus. The foam insert that fits in around the frame means that no BB is getting in.

Advertisement