Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many €€€'s have you waste....invested?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Around 2500 ex bb's and skirmish's

Thats breaks down as

AEG :G36,MP5 SD,MP5K,M4,M4 Stubby,M14 Kart,SR 25
    Shoties :2 8MM, DE TM Clone, TM Spas
    GBB: 1911,Glock 32c,2 revolvers, Desert Eagle,Sig 229,Mac 11, Smith Western .40 CO2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I hear paintball is cheaper, should have taken that up for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I hear paintball is cheaper, should have taken that up for sure.

Not as much fun though, i am a marshal in frontier paintball and although i love the job i still think the sport isnt as good as airsoft......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

A fairly rough tot up on guns, gear, holsters mags etc would come to about €3050 since the Law changed :eek: :eek: [And thats not including bb's or the €1000+ i spend a year to skirmish :eek::eek:].
    Ive probably got around 450e back from sales on varies guns[ Ak,mp5,glock and bits] so €2600 is probably a more accurate figure, not including skirmish fees and bb's though :(

that would include the following
    Shotguns; 6mm Mossberg, 8mm Mossberg, Tm m3, DE m1014
    Aegs; Aug a3, Mp5k, Custom Shrike lmg, Aug a2, Cyma ak74, Dboys Spr, well mp7s mp5sd6
    GBB; 2x hfc m9's, 1911, Ruger Mk1,Taurus 24/7 glock aep
    Vsr10

Guns with strike-through have either been sold on or harvested for parts or just broken never to be skirmished :rolleyes:.
    Spent about 420e on the Aug a3 alone including internals,mags and externals.

If anyone else is thinking of adding up how much they spent and replying, let you be warned, you might well be shocked and could be better of not knowing :P i know i would have been beter off .

@ Brent, you sure thats all you've spent??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cmon Bullets we are waiting for your post :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

hes got a crack team of accountants on it, give them a chance :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

About a 1000 excluding skirmishes and bb's. I started playing in september 08. We are heroes, fighting recession by every bb we fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

With current exchange rates: 2070+/-

Aegs: 750
    Sniper rifles: 640
    GBB: 400
    Shotguns: 40
    Camo etc: 240

Started in September 07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gandalf wrote: »
    Not posting any replies to this as the Fiancée is a member of boards as well.

/me burns cc bills !!

luckily mine is not

I tell her most things are €20 haha.

But in fairness shes mostly happy I'm happy. She makes good effort to atleast try understand what the hel lhop up is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as everyone else has bourne their souls here I did a quick total in my head and I have spent in excess of €3K on gear. Its kinda worrying when you see figures like that in B&W!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

hmmmm

1200 on pistols
    1100 on aegs

300 on hand held grenade launchers :D

about 300 on bbs

but in that time i've spent over €5,ooo on beer so its all relative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm very close to have spent 7000 Euros and have not skirmished
    once!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

:eek:

Although, it does make me feel a little better, like the way a functioning alcoholic feels better about their drinking when they get accosted by a random hobo who stinks of urine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Feel slightly better after seeing bullets reply, remember doing a quick tot in a boring lecture last year and at that stage i had spent the guts of 3k at that stage and since then i've managed to snag a couple more aegs, a gas mossberg and replaced all my tac gear with new stuff. Despite that i actually managed to get out and shoot only twice, but hopefully that will be changing in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The worry at the moment is if the DOJ/The Man decides
    to Ban airsoft and demand we hand in all our goodies
    to our local garda station.

Whos gonna give me my 7K back if worst comes to worst!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

the worry is this the worry is that the worry is the recession etc...jez i think the more people talk about and think negatively about these things the more likely they are to happen.

The government is not going to ban airsoft. If they wanted to they would have done so already. That is a fact. Where would they store the items if they did? in a garda station and then what pay for destroying 10's of thousands of airsoft guns. Don't think so somehow. As much as i dislike the government and their policies i know they are not stupid enough to commit suicide in a time when one of the few places making sales are irish owned airsoft companies. The fact that they are consulting with the iaa should give you a major hint as to whats going on.

The government are simply seeing airsoft now as a potential cashcow hence their proposed move to restrict sales to irish owned airsoft companies. The reason is VAT plain and simple. If people buy airsoft equiipment abroad they can avoid tax and thats money the goverment won't see. They are trying to keep people in employment and jobs not on the dole.

So they are looking at it from this perspective and saying if we go down the route of having airsoft sales restricted to irish companies and imports run through them then theres a cash cow of revenue in it for them. Is anyone watching the news? the government are looking left right and center at ways to raise revenue to offset against expenditure cuts. Airsoft represents a nice little cash cow for them and they will not give up this opportunity i.e carry out a ban which would be suicidal for them. No airsoft, no revenue. In fact the more people playing airsoft and buying 'irish' the better for them.

Comon people have a bit of sense and use your noggins....

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

M4 Ras = 140
    Ump 45 = 120
    M4 a1 carbine = 140
    G36c = 140
    M1911 = 100
    Desert eagle = 120
    Type 89 = 190
    Sig p226 = 110
    Mags = 80
    Setup = 200
    bbs/gas = 100
    Skirmishing = 120
    scope = 60

Grand total = 1620

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

I have spend €728 in M.I.A alone
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Jesus wept... What the hell is with digging up random old threads lately. This conversation petered out two years ago ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

... the lack of new shít Dex ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

There are probably two years worth of n00bs to wave their willies since the thread died :-)

Anyway, so last week I spent 9250 euro on a vehicle I use only for airsoft.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

bullets wrote: »
    The worry at the moment is if the DOJ/The Man decides
    to Ban airsoft and demand we hand in all our goodies
    to our local garda station.
    W
    Whos gonna give me my 7K back if worst comes to worst!

~B
    nama soft?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

too much!!! few 1000 euro we are all crazy but what can ya do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Wow this thread's old......look at the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

600 to 700 range but will be spending 50€ on a vest this week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

No way I'm telling ye what I have "invested" on an open forum where my wife could see , are ye mad !!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

...some things are not meant to be known. This is why receipts disappear, why you can never quite recall, and why everything you got is a 'great deal' - you need to feel its a deal, or otherwise you'll be painfully aware of what you've spent.

There are times when I calculate it and ask myself "I had that much money? Dayum" and then there are days when I just prefer blissful ignorance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Inari wrote: »
    ...some things are not meant to be known. This is why receipts disappear, why you can never quite recall, and why everything you got is a 'great deal' - you need to feel its a deal, or otherwise you'll be painfully aware of what you've spent.

There are times when I calculate it and ask myself "I had that much money? Dayum" and then there are days when I just prefer blissful ignorance
    Had a conversation in that vain only today receipt and price tag disappered when I got to the car only me you and the young lad know:about 970 euros so far and only started at christmas 2010

Advertisement