Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to be reunited with your Boards.ie account if your email address has changed

Options
  • 27-01-2010 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

(Quick summary: We're sorry, email us at hello@boards.ie with the information we need and we'll get you sorted)

Hi there

If you're reading this, you might be one of the members who cannot get access to their old Boards.ie account due to not having the original email address you registered with.

Don't worry - we can reunite you with your original account if you can help us verify that you are the owner. We've put together a process to help us reunite you with your account. We're taking this step to make sure all your private messages and personal profile details stay private.

I'm sorry this has happened - genuinely so - and I'll hope you'll bear with Dav and me as we deal with all the requests we get. We have to take this one at a time and the more information you can provide us, the better.

At a minimum, if you can provide some or all of the following information to us by emailing us at hello@boards.ie, with your account username:
    1. Who you sent any of your last 3 PMs to - not the content (we can't check this) - just who you sent them to
    2. Your phone number (if you had it listed on your account)
    3. When was the last time you logged on to the site
    and also mention if you are a subscriber, know any moderators in real life and so on, we'll get you sorted as quick as humanly possible.

We will then check and if we're happy that you are who you say you are, we'll change your email address and reply to you to let you know.

I appreciate you may have already sent us some of these details, so I apologise for the duplication. We're not trying to make this difficult for you, we promise, it's just the quickest way for us to sort you out.

If you have registered an alternative account with us please let us know the username or email address for that account and we will merge it with your original. - you could also post in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64370292

You don't have to email us again if you already have - you are on the list and we will get to you as soon as we can. Due to the high volume of requests, once we have your query, we unfortunately won't be able to get back to you until we sort the issue out or need more information. Don't worry, we'll get to you :)

Once again sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that helps and look forward to hearing from you.

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Further update - we've got through a lot and we have a lot more to get through. Please be patient when emailing us to remind us - we'll be back to you as soon as we can be.

This is our number one priority at the moment, but it's a big one. If you haven't heard from us - you're not being ignored, we're just getting back to people one at a time.

Thanks so much for bearing with us!

Darragh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement